Benchmark

1 hour ago, Gsal said:

Thanks. I was wondering more about the amp and preamp.

For me it is a top contender.
The Purifi Eigentaut 400w/ch (200/8ohm) is about 1/2 the price and in a solid second place ignoring price.
(More like a tie with cost involved.)

I’ve heard so many systems with Steens over the years. I know many of you like the Class D amps. They just are not my cup of tea with Steen,s. So there that. Same with amps with feedback. They don’t pair as well IMHO. That said, if you like that sound go and love it. It’s music that matters. Heck, I have. We streaming with AirPod Pros for he last two hours on my recumbent elliptical. Often, I’ll use my high and DAP and my top Empire Ears Odins that retail for over 3500 or so. They sound great considering. It’s all about the music for me. 

On 6/9/2022 at 4:43 AM, Gsal said:

Of late I am intrigued with the Benchmark line of products.

Has anyone out there had any experience using these electronics with their Treo CT's?

Thanks.

A few years ago, the I got curious about the Benchmark amplifiers, so I borrowed a pair.  Cute, well made, good specs and quite good sounding as I could not put my finger on any flaw.  These sound better to me than class "D" amplifier's but in the end left me not emotionally connected to the music although not to the degree digital amps do.  Treo CT speakers are high resolution, these amplifiers would not do them justice, IMO.  RV

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

A few years ago, the I got curious about the Benchmark amplifiers, so I borrowed a pair.  Cute, well made, good specs and quite good sounding as I could not put my finger on any flaw.  These sound better to me than class "D" amplifier's but in the end left me not emotionally connected to the music although not to the degree digital amps do.  Treo CT speakers are high resolution, these amplifiers would not do them justice, IMO.  RV

Have you borrowed a pair, or single, PrimaLuna?

17 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

Thank you very much for chiming in Richard.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ctsooner said:

I’ve heard so many systems with Steens over the years. I know many of you like the Class D amps. They just are not my cup of tea with Steen,s. So there that. Same with amps with feedback. They don’t pair as well IMHO. That said, if you like that sound go and love it. It’s music that matters. Heck, I have. We streaming with AirPod Pros for he last two hours on my recumbent elliptical. Often, I’ll use my high and DAP and my top Empire Ears Odins that retail for over 3500 or so. They sound great considering. It’s all about the music for me. 

Thanks for your comments. Just for the record (no pun intended) the Benchmark amps are not Class D.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ricard V.  I realize you may be reluctant to make a specific recommendation for a good matching amp but could you give us some brands/models that you have heard that you feel compliment your speakers?  Specifically, Quatro CT or Treo CT.  Thanks

33 minutes ago, randyhat said:

Ricard V.  I realize you may be reluctant to make a specific recommendation for a good matching amp but could you give us some brands/models that you have heard that you feel compliment your speakers?  Specifically, Quatro CT or Treo CT.  Thanks

Randy, there are amps that work I am sure that I have not heard.  I have had sucess with Audio Research, Rogue  Audio, Quicksilver and VTL for tubes and Ayre for solid state because they play best with no feedback.  Our M5-HPA is what I used during development of the Treo CT, Quatro CT, and KENTO Carbon which at first look may seem pricey but the money saved by not needing a high-pass and being required to use 4 foot speaker wires  or less factored in, it may be an option.  RV 

• Like 1

I had top Ayre gear in (AX5/20, plus at times the ref series) and loved it for SS.  It's more than just detailed. It has to be in the system for a while to true understand how good it is.  That said, when I went with Richards amps, dropped the 8' speaker run to 3' it took the sound to a different level.  For the cost it bested mono blocks that cost more than twice the price.  I assume some of it is due to it being made for the speakers.  Best of both worlds,..... active speaker system vs separates.  I can't wait for the preamp as that too will probably be a giant slayer.  

I also have heard the amps on the Treo's as Richard posted.  It takes them to a level I've never heard as no one shows them with the Aesthetix Atlas, Ayre Ref mono's or AR's mono's.  

7 hours ago, ctsooner said:

I also have heard the amps on the Treo's as Richard posted.  It takes them to a level I've never heard as no one shows them with the Aesthetix Atlas, Ayre Ref mono's or AR's mono's.

Now you have me drooling. And, I have the Ayre MXR's (non Twenty status).

Bob

• Like 1