What speaker wire do you use?

Audioquest William Tell, though @ctsooner swears by the Silver version.

Yes, mucho dinero, but if you can buy the best, get it.

If you are on a budget, Rocket 88 or GO-4 are very good choices that can be found on the used market, as well as the Comet. And at this point, I bet you could find used William Tell's, too.

I had the Rockefeller and Johnny Rutan moved me to GO-4 which was a significant improvement.

When I moved to monoblocks, I got the William Tell. I went to Audioconnection with Peter (@ctsooner), and we were both wowed by the increased clarity and bass response those cables provided. The system was a Belles Aria Integrated and Vandy VLR's, streaming music through (I think an Aurender and Ayre Codex). Johnny had to disconnect the Sub 3 as he didn't have the cables to do so. In any case, the VLR's sounded like there was a sub attached. Really a mind blowing audition and one that convinced me that cables DO make a difference.

HTH

Bob

@GdnrBob, assuming you bi-wire do you use zero and bass or just two lengths of zeros? I ask cause the treo ct manual mentions to use the same cable type for bass and mid/teeter.

Also do you know why  Audioquest Robinhood is rarely mentioned? I hear William tell all the time.

Thx

Zeus, listening is the most important thing. Many Vandy owners use AQ.  I personally feel they are the best (for my ears) in each price range.  I'd personally get ones that Garth has engineered and rolled out (he's the one who has engineered all their newest lines).  What budget do you have?  How long are the lengths.  Using the shortest speaker cable will make the most difference.  Is now the time to move components and then get those lengths?  

There just aren't any absolutes.  Do you already have all the components you desire?  If not, I strongly suggest you go there first with your funds and then circle back.  Again, just a suggestions.

I use the Bass and Zero as true bi wire pairs.  

I think the recommendation for using two same pairs is more related to not using two different manufacturers. In which case, you could get weird interactions due to impedance differences as well as other things beyond my ability to understand.

Bob

Thx all for your responses.

@ctsooner, thx for all the detail.  I really don't have a specific budget, but I can't see spending 5or6 k on speaker wire. I am interested in Robinhood, but there is some conspiracy (I think originating high up in the US government) that prevents people from discussing them. I am not able to audition the wire in my home. I could go as short as five feet for length, but I thought six would be short enough and give me a little flexibility for future unknowns. My components are pretty set. Tho there is a slight chance that I move from McIntosh to ayre for my power amp. Pre amp is Audio research.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Thx all for your responses.

@ctsooner, thx for all the detail.  I really don't have a specific budget, but I can't see spending 5or6 k on speaker wire. I am interested in Robinhood, but there is some conspiracy (I think originating high up in the US government) that prevents people from discussing them. I am not able to audition the wire in my home. I could go as short as five feet for length, but I thought six would be short enough and give me a little flexibility for future unknowns. My components are pretty set. Tho there is a slight chance that I move from McIntosh to ayre for my power amp. Pre amp is Audio research.

If that’s the case, I’d look strongly at the Hood Silvers in true bi wire pr. I had William Tells in bi wire and upgraded to silver. It was a large upgrade for me. The Hood  silver sounded smoother and more detailed with tighter bass than the WT copper to my ears.