Subs With Quatros

Gotham

I am sure this has been talked about before but after going to several live shows in recent months I want more bass. I think the Quatros I have are nice but I want more.  Any others add a pair of subs (or more) to their setup and if so, how did you hook them up? I dont have a big space at the moment but want that kick you in the chest bass that live shows have. (Just saw Peter Hook doing a Joy Division/New Order set and just salivate over the live bass.) 

Any thoughts? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Jim S.

• Like 1

Gotham, your Quatro's will deliver nearly all he bass that is on the recording!  This is important to know because wanting more (as I do sometimes) is a function of bass boost of some kind.  If you permanently setup your system with more bass (by adding another subwoofer) you will be very disappointed when you play a well recorded jazz recording, and the bass booms you out of the house.  Years ago, this is why there were tone controls, and we hope to bring them back.  RV

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but...

Since you have the equalized bass, you can have your dealer set them up for 'normal' playback and then set them up for 'punch'. 

All you'd need to do is write down the settings and adjust when needed- Though those pots shouldn't get played with too much.

Or, get a Sub 3, or two and set them to 'punch'.

Bob

• Like 1