Ayre AX-5

nano crystal antigravity snake oil….

each shelf rests on two .75” x .75” hardwood cleats with the cleats attached to stainless L brackets, where possible the L brackets go into studs w 2” screws, where that wasn’t possible SS wall anchors rated for > 125#

There is a layer of 1/4” cork between the shelves and rails….

In an earthquake this nook is likely the safest place in the condo….. ah… the black background is palpable….. 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 9:51 PM, Delkat said:

Jim,

Do you use the Nimbus on top of an HRS platform between the ARC phono stage and the platform?  Just wondering how they are supposed to be used.

Yes, the HRS Nimbus is designed to touch the bottom plate of the chassis without engaging the component's feet.  You have done it correctly.

3 hours ago, Brad O said:

Yes, the HRS Nimbus is designed to touch the bottom plate of the chassis without engaging the component's feet.  You have done it correctly.

I haven’t done anything yet!  I was just wondering if they were designed to be used with the platform or instead of the platform.   It sounds like maybe both ways work.  Thanks for clarifying. 

13 hours ago, Delkat said:

I haven’t done anything yet!  I was just wondering if they were designed to be used with the platform or instead of the platform.   It sounds like maybe both ways work.  Thanks for clarifying. 

Nimbus is a footer designed to be used with or without the HRS platform.   I am a bit uncomfortable discussing other products I represent on the Vandersteen Forum, but feel free to direct message me for more information.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:24 AM, Brad O said:

Nimbus is a footer designed to be used with or without the HRS platform.   I am a bit uncomfortable discussing other products I represent on the Vandersteen Forum, but feel free to direct message me for more information.

Thanks Brad. Totally understand. I just wanted to understand the basics for now and you answered that question.