Finally dual sub configuration

After years of repetitive reading of Hardesty's articles on using multiple subs, I finally acquired a second 2WQ to move to a dual sub configuration. First impressions are that it's certainly nice to have the flexibility of moving subs around to compensate for the lack of bass due to poor room acoustics. Secondly, listening to music at low volume at night is SOOOOOOO much fun that even NPR podcasts are a treat...Guess I am ready for Treo CTs now 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

After years of repetitive reading of Hardesty's articles on using multiple subs, I finally acquired a second 2WQ to move to a dual sub configuration. First impressions are that it's certainly nice to have the flexibility of moving subs around to compensate for the lack of bass due to poor room acoustics. Secondly, listening to music at low volume at night is SOOOOOOO much fun that even NPR podcasts are a treat...Guess I am ready for Treo CTs now 🤣

Go for it! 😉👍🏼 You would not be displeased, especially with a couple of Vandy subs.  As much as I love both my 1C’s and 2CE Sigs, the Treo’s (and above) are intoxicating in their refinement, detail, and ‘air’.

• Like 1

For those of us who have owned Treo's or still do, they really are a special speaker.  I didn't even have the CT version, but once set up properly, they just amazed me in their detail and coherency.  It was so much fun to go to a concert and then listen to the same artist on my system the next day.   

• 2 weeks later...

I think for me, what Treo's do is getting you into the true 'high end' of things as long as you have the amps and source to go with it. What Quatro's do, is get you into a true high end speaker that can handle very expensive ancillary products and is the best 'value' speaker in the line.  Kento's get you MUCH closer to the 7's than I though would be possibly in this similar cabinet size etc.. .That bass unit is amazing as are the CT drivers etc... I"m sure tolerances are also matched better (but am not totally sure on that).

7 XTRM's are .... 7's with Sub 9's are amazing too.  It's the way a line should be. Too many of the other high end lines don't give you dramatic upgrades as you spend more money.  In a few top lines, I don't like the more expensive speakers nearly as much as the size screws up the coherency. I'm very sensitive to that.  JMHO