2Cs to 3A Signatures - more is better, yes?

I'm scheduled to pick up the 3As this weekend. I'm honestly still a little on the fence about it. I do have a larger room, at 15' W x 20' L x 15' H, seen below. I run my 2Cs with a sub that integrates extremely well, (Rythmik F12-400).  I'm not sure what sonic improvements to expect, as my current system sounds spectacular to me, but I felt that way before cart  upgrades before and had my socks knocked off. You don't what you don't know, as they say.  Is it possible the 2Cs are better suited for my room, sure I suppose, hence my my trepidation. 

Vandy_3.png

• Like 3

The room looks great. I think you’ll love them! As long as you have a chance to listen to them beforehand to make sure they are playing properly, you should be good. A lot of people will recommend getting newer iterations/models of the speakers. That would be great, but is a nonstarter if not in the current budget. If this is what is in your budget now, enjoy them! If it’s a good deal, you can likely sell them in the future for a similar price. My journey was 1b, 2ce, 3a sig, 3a sig with dual vandy subs, and now the wood Quatros. Each step was a great experience with hundreds of hours of listening enjoyment. I think you’ll find this an enjoyable step.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MNSki said:

A lot of people will recommend getting newer iterations/models of the speakers. That would be great, but is a nonstarter if not in the current budget. If this is what is in your budget now, enjoy them! If it’s a good deal, you can likely sell them in the future for a similar price. 

Thank you, this helps to a lot to hear!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 1:17 PM, stratocaster said:

@Richard Vandersteen you have a lot of faith in the members of this forum to convince their significant others to hold two and not one broom for an experiment/test that they  have the remotest of desire and interest in….i am fine with dowel deflected soundwaves than have something shaped like a dowel hurtling down my way…

The avatar “Broom Broom” is available…

• Like 2

On 8/14/2023 at 3:33 PM, Holmz said:

While the thought of hot rodding the speakers seems attractive emotionally, they either sound good as is, or they do not.

I know that a lot of people like to throw special capacitors and inductors inside, and do that… but the crossover is generally tuned to the drivers at the factory, so I think I would just use them as is  myself.

Holmz, we have seen a few of these over the years sent in with an RMA form to "please restore these back to their former greatness".  Huge wires, expensive caps hanging by their long leads (microphonic as hell) and inductors without attention paid to proper "Q".  Most of these parts were high quality but not tuned as a complete system.  RV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1