Vandersteen Quatro Woods

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Bruce. We purchased the new CTs about two weeks ago and they are now in place. I’m still tweaking the toe-in, but for the most part, they are good to go. I actually enjoy the setup part, or at least I enjoy it once I get in the mood. Thanks again.

Glen

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glen said:

Thank you, Bruce. We purchased the new CTs about two weeks ago and they are now in place. I’m still tweaking the toe-in, but for the most part, they are good to go. I actually enjoy the setup part, or at least I enjoy it once I get in the mood. Thanks again.

Glen

Glen,

Did the new Quatro's go exactly where the old ones were or are you finding other placements that are sounding better? Just curious about the difference in sound between the two generations if one were to place them in the same spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Glen,

Did the new Quatro's go exactly where the old ones were or are you finding other placements that are sounding better? Just curious about the difference in sound between the two generations if one were to place them in the same spot.

The character of the original Quatro Wood and CT are definitely similar to my ears. However, the CTs do sound different and better. The placement of the speakers are nearly identical to the old ones. The overall sound is a little less cluttered in presentation and tonally more appealing to the ear. Let me add though, the original Quatros were no slouch and musically satisfying. The CTs are more refined and less chirpy in the upper midrange. I’m glad I did it.

Glen

• Like 1

I have to say that your post sounds exactly how I felt when I got the CT Treo's. I loved the non-CT's, but the CT version just seems to have things sounding 'better'.

This might be a good thread to make a sticky on.

Lots of people don't have the money to get CT versions. But, in my case, and probably @Glen, feel that the non-CT versions is plenty good and not something that makes them not desirable.-Just another path to upgrade to...

Bob

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...