Kiseki collapse

Well, my Kiseki finally failed, the suspension collapsed. I would like to replace it with something similarly detailed. First time I heard the Kiseki I thought of RTR. Also, the Kiseki doesn't exactly "sing". Currently looking at a Lyra Delos. Any suggestions fellow Steeners?

Cheers.

Kiseki tracking.jpg

Edited by Oregon

Yeah, I have a Hana ML that will go on tomorrow. Been running an Alpha Genesis 1000 for the last few days. The Monster is very much like the Kiseki, in that it is very detailed,, easy to listen-to, it doesn't wear you out.. Too damn bad they don't live long.

So sorry for you.  It stinks when something you love and isn't inexpensive craps the bed.  I just lost my recumbent elliptical as the frame cracked (just a few months out of warranty) and I'm very upset (I ride over 10 hours a week).   It sure seems like many on the board are using the Lyra.  What does your dealer sell?  

Currently, a Hana ML is sounding quite fine, I really like the sense of "body" it brings to the show. Have inbound a Lyra Delos.

Reviewing the Kiseki collapse over these two years plus of ownership, it's now fairly obvious the thing gradually lost it's sense of RTR, which, was what initially impressed. When the Kiseki no longer impacted as well as a CD it was time to investigate.

The Upscale Audio credit of 20% for the now NFG Kiseki is better than a poke than an eye. I still would have appreciated a few more years than but two for a high-end cartridge.

fuzzy Hana.jpg

9 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

RTR?

Reel-to-reel.

When the Kiseki first landed on the record I thought reel to reel, that cart brand new reminded me of reel to reel.. I liked it much.

I had no idea a cartridge suspension could/would collapse, but it did. At the time, within months of folks taking delivery of their Kisekis, reports began surfacing around the Webs after the PurpleHearts began to fail. Mine was hanging in there until about three months past, it just gave in to gravity...

Edited by Oregon

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was Reel to Reel, but nowadays, it helps to confirm...

Given how many of the cartridges suffered from this fate, I would expect Kiseki to own up to the issue and, at least offer affected customers a discounted upgrade cartridge.

As a small business owner, I would be aghast if this happened to anything I sold, and try to make amends as best I could.

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GdnrBob said:

But, they seem to be geared to the extremes.

B

Many with the strong opinions and ego attract that.
Toole does not get a lot of polarisation, nor his sidekick, who’s name escapes me…
They are easy to listen to.

When they are on the side of Dunning Kruger where they are not sure, it makes it easier.

The Hana has been in the system for a week now. It was purchased to serve as a back-up should the main cart fail. Didn't expect the Kiseki to fail, but, it did.

Comparing the two carts, I do miss the sense of convincing timbre and detail from the Kiseki. Will roll in the Alpha Genesis again as it has a similar sense of "real" as the Kiseki. The Delos should be interesting.

• Like 1