Cars n’ Coffee

Every Saturday morning car enthusiasts get together in Rancho Santa Fe (San Diego) to show off their prized possessions that they have meticulously cared for and enjoyed. @John Gallup and I decided to meetup at this event to see what folks were spending money on and the conclusion was buying the entire Vandersteen System Nine was cheaper than most of the cars we saw.. here are some pictures to get an idea….

IMG_6624.jpeg

IMG_6621.jpeg

IMG_6620.jpeg

IMG_6618.jpeg

IMG_6616.jpeg

IMG_6615.jpeg

IMG_6606.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6603.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6610.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

One thing was obvious….. you have to be a contortionist to get in and out of these cars. In fact the Ford GT was so low that a Toyota Prius looked like a suv next to it…

Next time around we are going to stick around till the end to see the owners get in the car. Am sure that would be entertaining…

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, stratocaster said:

One thing was obvious….. you have to be a contortionist to get in and out of these cars. In fact the Ford GT was so low that …

The phase is in Au is that one hind end is so close to the road it’s, “Like a dog with worms.” 😃

That is usually a good thing, as it at least makes it feel like one is going faster without the blue lights conforming it.
And it reminds us that some core exercise is need to unsquat out of the things, while doing some rotation etc.
I got a ride in a fellows car in Denver once, and he said he had never seen someone get out the car so easily. But as the steering wheel is on the other side in Au, it was natural.
It’s a completely foreign feeling to get out of the same car on the other side.

• Like 1

I love it.  My cousins live there and talk about the car shows.  I’m actually staying at Terranea in Rancho Palos Verdes this week/weekend (yea, i know i miss Richard at Rutan’s and that SUCKS for me!).  I may even head up to Santa Monica later to see if Enchanted Audio is open as that’s one dealer I’ve never been to.  I love seeing what folks on the west side do for fun. 😉.  I do love those cars!!!!  

2 hours ago, TomicTime said:

i will stop….. for now…..

D2E28C8C-1F29-45B1-95FC-F002DDC450FD.jpeg

44068CE2-E616-4805-B5CB-6D5A129A7718.jpeg

I would if we weren’t flying out of LB in the morning.  I do wish we had a full week, but Brenda’s way too busy at work and i have a lot of my MS board and committee meetings to go with my doc appointments that all backed up to next week, lol.  I used to love riding up the coast when i lived in SD so many years ago.  

• Like 1