Vintage Neil Young

John Gallup

• 3 weeks later...

If I have only one quibble, there is an excess of crowd clapping sequences that go on too long.....as the performance(s) are stellar though, just a quibble.   Highly recommend Carnegie Hall, Cellar Door and Young Shakespeare in addition to Massey Hall.

Edited by Jackstraw75
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 1:48 PM, Jackstraw75 said:

If I have only one quibble, there is an excess of crowd clapping sequences that go on too long.....as the performance(s) are stellar though, just a quibble.   Highly recommend Carnegie Hall, Cellar Door and Young Shakespeare in addition to Massey Hall.

One of the worst with crowd clapping is Bill Withers Live from Carnegie Hall on the opening track "Use Me".  Nearly ruins the song unfortunately.  Great album though.

Edited by DividedSky
  • Like 1

L too love those NYA-PS issues John.  Sugar Mt. and Cellar Door are great too - even with that kind of weird interaction Yong has with that fan on one of them. Nice clean recordings with a real sense of the venues.

Bruce

• Like 2

Yesterday I remembered how much I love listening to Opera on Vandersteen's.  In some of my previous systems, when the tenors and sopranos got loud, my ears would buzz, but the Quatros really deliver.  I found this LP box set, which I had the privilege to purchase at the Vienna Opera House, as a recommendation from my good friend and then head archivist Peter Poltun.  Although this recording is not from Vienna but instead at Jesus-Chritus-Kirche in Berlin, the idea of Pavarotti performing in a church with Herbert von Karajan conducting a fantastic orchestra and choir made it intriguing. I think there may be better recordings of La Bohème; I find the performance spectacular, and of course, the audiophile loves listening to the performers move about as they sing.  image.thumb.jpeg.af6cea77df58586afa9aa597298cd5d4.jpeg

• Like 3