Reliability of built-in sub amp in question

I have a friend that is concerned about the built-in sub amps in the higher end Vandersteens. I understand his concern. How reliable are the built-in amps?

And if one should have a problem,...does the whole speaker have to be sent back,...or can the amp be easily removed for return?

Let's hear from you folks about this concern. 😊 Thanks

• Like 1

In my experience (Model 5As) totally reliable.  And no, the amp can be removed and sent in for repair if needed.  Very easy t remove.  

• Like 2

It is not a garden variety plate amplifier bolted on the rear of X brand speaker / subwoofer….

As mentioned… near bullet proof, removable AND supported by the factory in USA since 1977…

• Like 2

Vandersteen is like a post WW2  company - MADE IN THE USA &  BUILT TO LAST.  Rapidly becoming a lost art these days....

Thank you Richards for all your attention to detail  

Bruce

• Like 1

The bass section amplifier in one of my Quatro Wood CT failed after approximately six years, but the repair was a relatively quick, easy, and inexpensive process. The amplifier is easily removed and shipped. Vandersteen was responsive and prompt throughout the process. I like the way Richard does business.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Schuesmp said:

Vandersteen was responsive and prompt throughout the process.

One of the reasons I buy equipment from certain manufacturers is how well they treat their customers.

B

• Like 1

One of my 56A sub amps was taken out by an electrical storm...I now unplug both speakers before going on a trip.....removed the amp, sent it back to Vandersteen, it was repaired and sent back.  ...this was a few years ago, I was surprised how inexpensive it was....never had a problem since.

• Like 1