Labor of Love

Steve Edwards

For fans of acoustic blues, or just any audiophile who loves being  gobsmacked by how good his / her system can sound, this is stunning.  Unfortunately, at least for now, it is only available in the vinyl format (sorry Peter :classic_sad:).  It was an unexpected situation that the recordings even happened.  Taj embarked on a 42 city tour to support Music Maker Foundation artists.  These recordings were mostly captured in motel rooms in between shows.  For the full story, see Michael Fremers' review from 2017:  https://www.analogplanet.com/content/taj-mahals-labor-love-field-recording-your-ears-will  

The sound covers all the bases; dynamics, intimate detail, transparency, that "in the room with them" involvement.  Really good stuff.

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

• Like 3

Bob, I'm glad Jim did the uncovering for us.  I tried Tidal a couple of times, but experienced too many technical hiccups with my modest streaming set up.  If Tidal works for you, I'm sure you will enjoy the record; it's a gem.

Well I'll be doggone; just checked Spotify and it's also available there.

Play on 

On 8/1/2021 at 8:53 AM, Steve Edwards said:

For fans of acoustic blues, or just any audiophile who loves being  gobsmacked by how good his / her system can sound, this is stunning.  Unfortunately, at least for now, it is only available in the vinyl format (sorry Peter :classic_sad:).  It was an unexpected situation that the recordings even happened.  Taj embarked on a 42 city tour to support Music Maker Foundation artists.  These recordings were mostly captured in motel rooms in between shows.  For the full story, see Michael Fremers' review from 2017:  https://www.analogplanet.com/content/taj-mahals-labor-love-field-recording-your-ears-will  

The sound covers all the bases; dynamics, intimate detail, transparency, that "in the room with them" involvement.  Really good stuff.

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

I agree this Taj album is really nice and well recorded @GdnrBobshoot me a PM