Quatro Wood CTs evolution / enhancements

nrenter

Wowsa…just noticed the list price of the Quatro Wood CTs increased to $17,947. I know the Vandersteen line is continually enhanced (even if there isn’t a rebadging). RV, what enhancements have been incorporated into the Quatro Wood CTs since release?

Nothing serious just several small changes that are not practical to upgrade.  The price increase was needed because everything has gone up a lot in the last year.    Dramatic increases in wood products, anything made with oil which includes plastics (contrary to what you read has been going up before the war), adhesives, cardboard, shipping and electronic components.  I have not seen these kinds of increases since the 80's!  I still believe the Quatro CT is an unbeatable value, even today.  RV

• Like 3

It makes sense that prices are rising for everything.  Even wages are going up in most places.  I know my local Korean BBQ restaurant used to charge $31 for LA Galbi (beef short ribs/prime cut).  My son and I just paid $45 for the same dish.  

Thanks Richard for not raising the prices roughly 50%!  HA. 

and keep in mind that it’s a USA built and finished cabinet made by team Vandersteen in Hanford…vs. offshore with lets just say questionable environmental standards and compliance. I managed manufacturing teams in many countries in my 30 year Aerospace career, i have pretty much seen it all…..

Food for thought…..

• Like 2

Off topic. Streaming Keith RICHARD’s version of Gimme  Shelter, live from London  ‘92, remixed in ‘21. Just love this song. Lol. Who cares about the production lol. 

Back to inflation and life. . I’m running away from it and diving into my music as I ride recumbent elliptical for the next two hours. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having upgraded to the Quatro Wood CT a few months ago after a year of demos, I am convinced that despite the recent price increase, the Quatros are still a GREAT VALUE for a speaker of this quality.  A component that for many will be their end game speaker.

• Like 2