Who has stubbed their toes on the base of the Quatros?

It happened again last night.  This time it was my wife.  I think that the sloped front tricks us into thinking the base is farther away than it is.  I've done it at least twice.  Then I have to get the measuring tape out and make sure they are in the correct position.

1 hour ago, Moose said:

It happened again last night.  This time it was my wife.  I think that the sloped front tricks us into thinking the base is farther away than it is.  I've done it at least twice.  Then I have to get the measuring tape out and make sure they are in the correct position.

You could make a yellow placard to place on the floor in front of the Quatro.  Another design feature that sloping front, as there is nothing to damage at the base better than hitting the expensive drivers.  RV

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was going to post on a related thought......I applaud the Vandersteen design team.  My 5A's seem to be sitting on a raised base (although just an extensions of the cabinet)...that protects the gorgeous Kowazinga wood from being bumped by my sloppy vacuuming. 

P1000021.JPG

• Like 1

The granite bases we use protect the speakers from both toes and vacuum cleaners.

Since adding them, there have been no toe stubbing incidents.  I think you may be on the right track with the slope causing an optical illusion of sorts.

The dogs here don't much care...

• Like 1

Well, mine aren't going anywhere.  We'll just have to get used to giving them more room.  If I hadn't used the tube traps as plant stands, we wouldn't have to go around to water the plants.  We're not ready for plastic plants yet.

Silk plants baby. Ha. Teasing of course.  Sort of. 
no issues with the granite bases here. I guess we are just Uber careful.  I vacuum very carefully around the granite   Never gave it a thought until now. I’ll be scared going forward. Thanks.  Seriously I hope you don’t get hurt and that he speakers fine either. 

I resemble a ballerina walking around my speakers to take a toe to flick the power amp on.
Actually I look nothing like a ballerina, but I am always a bit cautious and need “cat like” foot skills.

I can easily picture a stubbed toe, and the swearing that would flow from it…. A different context to putting one’s foot in their mouth.

Edited by Holmz
  • Like 1