Bass when listening to albums

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

Well I moved from a Rega Planar 6 turntable with an ania cartridge to a Feickert Volare turntable with a starling cartridge and the issue went away. Any thoughts?

If the sound was shaking the table, then it would be a comb filter of sorts with a bunch of decaying phase shifts of feedback.

Other than the laying of the hands on the equipment like a faith healer feeling for vibration, people use accelerometers to measure that stuff.
And green tack and other DIY absorbers.

But all that is just a hypothesis.

1 hour ago, Holmz said:

If the sound was shaking the table, then it would be a comb filter of sorts with a bunch of decaying phase shifts of feedback.

Other than the laying of the hands on the equipment like a faith healer feeling for vibration, people use accelerometers to measure that stuff.
And green tack and other DIY absorbers.

But all that is just a hypothesis.

I am extremely talented, but have never been successful at laying in hands:-) I don't think I need to in this case. I have a dual tower Adona AV45G rack with granite shelves anchored by a 105lb amp on the bottom shelf.

PXL_20220730_005057342.jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TomicTime said:

i think it was the Rega…..

Enjoy the music and what a lovely room , system and listening “ vibe “…

What veneer is that…yum !

Best in music

Jim

” Time and Phase Correct FAITH healer “….

Thx. Dark walnut, speakers and turntable. I really like the look.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

I am extremely talented, but have never been successful at laying in hands:-) I don't think I need to in this case. I have a dual tower Adona AV45G rack with granite shelves anchored by a 105lb amp on the bottom shelf.

PXL_20220730_005057342.jpg

Yeah - that looks solid and sturdy.
in a car it works when one has a rattle… just start pawing around the dash and doors until the resonance gets sucked up… and then at least we know where the rattle is coming from. 

I was never was good at the healing part of the art, but I suppose that if one gets tired of playing doctor and nurse, then there is always faith healer games. 😇🥰

Some of the TTs are particularly prone to getting low frequency rumbles coupled into them, but I am not sure there is an easy sure other than the massive stiff racks (which you already have.)

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to moving from the Rega 6 turntable with an ania cartridge to a Feickert Volare with a sumiko Starling cartridge I also purchased Six foot Audioquest William tell speaker wire. The improvement in clarity is really evident. Spent way too much cash, but I certainly got really substantial sonic improvement. I wake up in the morning turn on the stereo and just smile smile smile:-).

• Like 1

Those William Tell's really made me a believer in the influence of cables.

When I heard them at Audioconnection, there was not only increased clarity but also enhanced bass. Mind you, these were the VLR's. Johnny had to disconnect the Sub 3 as he didn't have the cables to connect it to the Belles Aria Integrated.

The bass I and @ctsooner heard was impressive. To me, it seemed the Sub 3 was still connected. I can still feel the immersion into Yello's 'Oh Yeah'.

Some things seem to stick in my mind. The William Tell demo, Frog legs with Lobster nage at Jean George, ,my first glass of Chateau D'yquem....

Ah, memories

Let's hope I don't get Altzheimer's.

Bob

• Like 2