Ray Brown and the Duke in a duets

John Gallup

image.thumb.png.20f4bff32962a3980a08e9151d22db7c.png

This is one of the first records I streamed after some system tinkering, and I sure like the sound of it. The tinkering included: 

(1) ading an additional outlet so I could plug both Quatros and M5-HPAs directly to the wall rather than through the power conditioner; and

(2) weaponizing my home-made audio rack with these fearsome new spiked feet.

image.png.8841ae14da3f4eb2c140483c0f5c0aed.png

Not sure which tweak made the difference but the sound stage  and bass are both improved substantially, as is my enjoyment.

28 minutes ago, John Gallup said:

(2) weaponizing my home-made audio rack with these fearsome new spiked feet.

From my limited experience using Townshend products, I will say that adding isolation to equipment will improve sound reproduction.

For me, adding the Townshend isolation resulted in an immediate and noticeable improvement to bass clarity-I could hear the notes more clearly, less muddied.

@John Gallup, what improvements did adding spikes do for your sound reproduction?

Bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

what improvements did adding spikes do for your sound reproduction?

Hard to tell, since I added them at the same time I re-routed the power cords for the M5-HPAsr to go directly into the new wall outlets, rather than through the AQ Niagara. In my setup, moving the power cords is complicated, as they're hidden under some bookshelves, so I don't do real A-B testing. Likewise, unloading and de=wiring all the gear on the rack to add the spikes, and then putting it all back together again, was a huge job. Everything sure sounds better now, though:  so intense and direct. 

Glad to hear about the Townshend gear though:  it means there's still room for improvement!

• Like 2

I’m with Jim also. Best isolation I’ve heard, but it’s so hard to comp things like that. Nearly impossible.  I found a dealer who had both in his used section. We did the best we could, but both worked great compared to a regular shelf he had gear on in show room.