RCA Interconnect suggestions with crossovers?

Since the Vandersteen setup is unique using an in line crossover, does anyone recommend a particular cable between preamp to crossover?  I believe the Audioquest Skys RCA are currently terminated on my crossover, is it important to find a cable that has the same properties as this cable?  I believe it is discontinued by AQ.

We have always chosen our pigtail cables used on the High-Pass filters by doing straight-wire-bypass  tests.  The idea is to find a wire without color and as neutral as possible.  Wires are often chosen for their color and character  to tune ones system and I wanted to select a cable that will simply pass those characteristics on without change.  I believe using the same cable or similar to what we have chosen will result in a neutral sounding system but I have traveled the world and heard my speakers owned by people that love them sound very different.  I believe this is a tribute to thier neutrality alowing these different expectations to be met. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Richard.  I've found that most of us just figure out what we can afford and bring a cable or two home to audition.  I personally feel that the Audioquest cables and cords all sound great no matter how much you can spend.  Just trust your ears and wallet!  Sky's to my ear were one of my favorite interconnects. I am using WEL's only because I got a deal on them that I couldn't say no to (used from someone I know at AQ).

Fire is a great choice to start with if you are in that range.  If not, just figure your budget and look to see what you can get.  Enjoy the music.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 1:55 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

We have always chosen our pigtail cables used on the High-Pass filters by doing straight-wire-bypass  tests.  The idea is to find a wire without color and as neutral as possible.  Wires are often chosen for their color and character  to tune ones system and I wanted to select a cable that will simply pass those characteristics on without change.  I believe using the same cable or similar to what we have chosen will result in a neutral sounding system but I have traveled the world and heard my speakers owned by people that love them sound very different.  I believe this is a tribute to thier neutrality alowing these different expectations to be met. 

I've found that I rather like DH Labs Silver Sonic connectors.  They have very nice locking RCA connectors.  Question, is there a way to add different connectors to the High Pass crossover?  I am finding the Sky RCA connectors to be rather loose to my amplifier.  Would AudioQuest offer this?

Anyone can change the connectors, but it would most probably ruin the braid etc.. I'm selling my pair of 1m Horizon balanced interconnects and called to see if they would install the WEL connectors (the Horizon was out for 1yr and they needed to change the name due to patents so they named it the WEL), but AQ told me that they sound as good or better as my connector is outstanding already.  They said the cable just wouldn't look right.  Maybe that wouldn't be the case with your cable.  

• 1 month later...