Pending Upgrade

Gsal

So, I 've owned my Treo CT's for about 2 years now and love them. Nonetheless I have the opportunity to spend a little money and upgrade my system. I just pulled the trigger and traded in my Treos on a pair of Quatro Wood CT's with accompanying crossovers. In 4-6 weeks I should have them in house. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Dang it, I would have bought your CT's.

-Just as well, I am already spending money I shouldn't on Atmasphere's Class D Amps.- Just to scratch an itch.

And, considering my loss of higher frequency hearing, perhaps it is better I don't get the CT's, as it will be much like 'pearls before swine'.

In any case, congrats on your new upgrade. Now I am 'Pea Green with envy'.

Bob

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gsal said:

I didn't think it was allowed to offer product for sale on this forum or I would have mentioned the availability of my Treo's.

Yea, they would rather we just put out used ads on the ad sites. I fully understand as Richard has to fully support his dealers.  I have t seen any issues when folks post links to various ads from those site though. 

The Quatro’s really are the best value prop for the high end speakers. Just an amazing  value to me. So much better to my ears that any of the 40k and lower speakers I’ve heard to date and that’s a fair amount of them. 

Yes, the Quatro's would be the way to go, but unfortunately, the limited space in my house precluded the few extra inches of depth the Quatro's require.

Given that I have the Sub 3's, the only thing I lack is the CT tweeter. And, as I said, my upper frequency hearing in my left ear is not up to snuff, so the trial of selling the non-CT speakers, buying the CT's has made me hesitant to make the change.

B

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gsal said:

I didn't think it was allowed to offer product for sale on this forum or I would have mentioned the availability of my Treo's.

I suppose that I should look at the rules.
Selling them to upgrade, would seem like a win win.

Where are those speakers now?

14 hours ago, Holmz said:

I suppose that I should look at the rules.
Selling them to upgrade, would seem like a win win.

Where are those speakers now?

They are part of the upgrade deal. I am trading them in to my dealer Audio Connection.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Steve Edwards said:

Congratulations Gsal; I'm sure you're going to be loving the sound you will be experiencing.  

Play on

Thank you Steve. I will be sure to report back after they are set up in my listening room.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ctsooner said:

Can’t wait to hear how you like them. 

I am particularly happy that I have owned the Treo CT's for 2 years. With that experience under my belt I should be able to speak with some level of certainty as to the difference. Nothing else in my system will have changed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok, so I've had my new Quatro Wood CTs in my system for a couple of weeks now. Find myself listening for 4-5 hours every afternoon. I simply can't get enough of these speakers . This is without question the best upgrade I have ever made. These speakers are astounding. Never thought I missed the additional low end performance until I experienced the Quatro subs. But that's not all. The soundstage, imaging and improved detail are all at a new level. It is NOT subtle. I am blown away. Thank you RV for such an amazing product. There is nothing that compares to a Vandersteen! Kudos to Samir at Audio Connection for a perfect install.

BTW, after the first week of listening I had the opportunity to place some of A/V Room Service's EVPs under my amp (Aesthetix Atlas Signature), thinking that the difference if any would be minor. Boy was I mistaken. The Quatros EASILY allowed me to hear a major improvement across the board. Just when I thought it couldn't get better. Yet another new level of performance. I guess the EVP's serve to isolate the tube front end of the amp from any vibration. Highly recommended!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomicTime said:

i understand the many fatigue free extended listening sessions that the Vandersteen time travel machines are capable of !

That was one of the things I remembered most. I heard the Vandy 2's in the early 80's and never forgot how great they sounded.

I could only afford a stereo again, at least a high quality one, 30 years later. 

Vandersteen stayed in my memory.

Bob

• Like 1

I too finally ended with Treo's after falling in love with 2's at Bruce's back in 1983. Richard was there setting them up in his back room.  They were using CJ equipment if I recall correctly as well as the Sota w/vaccum which blew me away.  I wanted that system so badly, but we were heading to sea for a year, so I bought the Stax's Lambda's with the portable amp (still have that amp if anyone needs one).  

When I got the Quatro's and sold Bob the Treo's, I was blown away. I've heard Treo's with the subs (older ones) and it just wasn't what the Quatro's are.  Close if that's all you can afford and it's still an incredible system.  It's why I say the Quatro's are THE true Best Buy (see what I did there, lol)....  Love the mahogany too.

8 hours ago, TomicTime said:

i understand the many fatigue free extended listening sessions that the Vandersteen time travel machines are capable of !
May you enjoy them and the music in great health !

Jim

Since I got my Quatros two weeks ago I have been spending every afternoon, all afternoon each day, travelling in my time machine. Fatigue? What's that?

• Like 3

On 9/18/2022 at 1:46 AM, Gsal said:

I am particularly happy that I have owned the Treo CT's for 2 years. With that experience under my belt I should be able to speak with some level of certainty as to the difference. Nothing else in my system will have changed.

15 hours ago, Gsal said:

Ok, so I've had my new Quatro Wood CTs in my system for a couple of weeks now. Find myself listening for 4-5 hours every afternoon. I simply can't get enough of these speakers . This is without question the best upgrade I have ever made. These speakers are astounding. Never thought I missed the additional low end performance until I experienced the Quatro subs. But that's not all. The soundstage, imaging and improved detail are all at a new level. It is NOT subtle. I am blown away. Thank you RV for such an amazing product. There is nothing that compares to a Vandersteen! Kudos to Samir at Audio Connection for a perfect install.

You’re making it sound like the Quatros are a better upgrade for me than Treos.

The 2c are not fatiguing, but that bass integration and low end, makes for a pretty compelling argument.

• Like 1

If you can afford the Quatro's it's a no brainer to those of us who have done that same upgrade.  They are closer to the Kento than Treo for me.  It's about the bass (cleaning up the rest of the spectrum).  Bass is the most expensive part to get right I believe .