Any Joni fans among us?

Steve Edwards

Its release in October of 1982 was quite a departure from her previous work, setting some of her dedicated fans asking "what?"  I'm a big fan of her, and I might go so far as to label this my favorite record.  This is the ORG, double 45rpm version.  I think it's out of print; maybe still available on some of the sites.  For me, in the spirit of Fremer ............ MUSIC: 11  -  SOUND: 11.

It's just a terrifically transparent,  dynamic recoding.  And what a line up of musicians.

IMG_2706.jpg

• Like 1

Not yet.  I'm hoping this week.  They didn't realize they needed a motorized QUAD volume control as I run fully balanced.  He thought he could do single ended and I said no.  We hope it comes in sometime this week.  Teh rest of the unit is ready to go.  They just got a special tube for the DAC portion late last week and he's been burning it in for me since so only the volume control will need burning in, which shouldn't be that bad.  

Really missing my music though.  It's great that they keep making major upgrades, including hardware, but I hate being without the unit for weeks.  Teh next hardware upgrade will be in a few months. They are making it a two box unit that will be milled out of solid blocks.  I can't wait to hear that upgrade as they are huge on cleaning up the power when it comes into the unit etc...  They have many separate LPS's in to run the different parts of the unit as it's a three in one.  Teh best part is that th DAC and server are hard wired and on top of each other with uber short runs of wire.  Same with the volume.  We also did Supercap upgrades and naked Vishay resistors which make a huge difference as you all know.  

• 2 months later...

I'm 'late' to the Joni party. Grew up then, heard and listened to some of here works, but was always more interested in other music. I have now purchased almost all of here work through the 70's ('Don Juan's Reckless Daughter' being a real favorite). I just got her new release in the mail yesterday; 'Live and Canterbury House -1967', and it is fantastic. Highly recommended.

IMG_5196.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally snagged a very clean copy of Blue from a friend. These releases are crazy high prices vs her other LP’s. Now my Joni collection from the 60’s thru the 70’s is complete. Listening to this ‘as we speak’. Very nice.

43D02188-5566-4311-B5F6-31E763C9E79D.jpeg