Vandersteen Speaker Finish Photos

Let's start a thread that ONLY contains photos of the various finish options for Vandersteen speakers. 

I propose the following guidelines:

1. No comments, no discussion. Photos only. If you want to get feedback / comments on you system, start another thread.
  2. Photos of the same finish by multiple contributors is great!
  3. Owner commentary about their finish choices is helpful when posting photos.

This is an interesting way to consolidate a photo gallery of finish options.

Cool?

I'll start...

Mahogany Walnut Quatro CTs

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

• Like 3

Loving the pics.  That Quatro, Ayre AX5/20, QX 5/20 is what I ran until moving up to Richards amps.  Interesting to see so many non cherry choices for veneers. I wonder if there is a favorite color/veneer.  Phantom Black is a cool color.  I have Audi Havana Black (copper metallic flake, but often wish I had gone Crimson (my favorite color and school colors) or even Candy Apple Red (can't go wrong) which I think if I had to do it all over, I may.  Too many choices and I can't even make up my mind at Texas Roadhouse, lol.  ha... 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:47 AM, nrenter said:

Let's start a thread that ONLY contains photos of the various finish options for Vandersteen speakers. 

I propose the following guidelines:

1. No comments, no discussion. Photos only. If you want to get feedback / comments on you system, start another thread.
  2. Photos of the same finish by multiple contributors is great!
  3. Owner commentary about their finish choices is helpful when posting photos.

This is an interesting way to consolidate a photo gallery of finish options.

A gentle reminder / request to keep this thread true to the intent. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, chris1625 said:

Treo CT's in Faux Ebony, soon to be Kento's in the same color. I just really like the color and it has nothing to do with high hopes of the wife and daughters not noticing they are different speakers. treo.thumb.jpg.b0365618f32235f9086f5a27cd4c9311.jpgtreo2.thumb.jpg.6138f49a490c300663fe8a7157255f4c.jpgtreo3.thumb.jpg.564fb7ce1803eeff8879891b5c41f47a.jpg

They won’t. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...

What (the ‘el) is that on the wall?

1. A Loch Ness monster?
  2. A snake?
  3. Or some new fangled diffuser?
  4. Other?

And maybe the forum needs A-E indents like we had in grade school (or “Holmz Skool”) 😎.
Edited by Holmz
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:39 AM, GdnrBob said:

Ah, what a nice looking room.

I see the ceiling angles upward.  Does it form a peak (like a roof ridge) or does it level off?

Bob

The plate height is 8’6” and it peaks at 11’2”. It’s flat at the top about 11’x14’.  I’m using the long wall in the room as there is a fireplace to the right (short wall) and it’s open to the kitchen to the left (about 25 more feet). So definitely not a symmetrical listening room but it is what it is.