Boz Scaggs - Thanks toYou

Mr645

Guys, this is a fun thread.  Thanks.  Do you guys buy vinyl through https://www.interventionrecords.com/author/shane-buettner/. ?  Shane is the Exec VP of Marketing and PD at Audioquest and has worked closely with Richard adn so many others over the years.  Some of you probably know him.  He's a great guy.  I can't do vinyl anymore, but i was told his re releases are amazingly good for audiophiles.  He seems to chose great albums to re release and engineer.  Thought I'd share with you guys.  Please let me know your thoughts on his site and if you get anything.  I'd love to hear what yo think.  

Interesting you should mention him Peter.  I was at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach a few years ago.  He was manning his Intervention Records booth.  I had just bought his reissue of Look Sharp - Joe Jackson; was telling him how much I liked what he did with that already good sounding record.  We struck up a nice conversation; it was just he and I.  Didn't realize at the time that he was also with Vandersteen Audio then.

I've since picked up I'm the Man - Joe Jackson / Gilded Palace of Sin - Flying Burrito Brothers and White Light - Gene Clark  ..........  all great pressings and top shelf sound.

On 1/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, Steve Edwards said:

Huang, way to treat yourself!  I have yet to take the ULTRADISC ONE-STEP plunge, but I have the upcoming CSN debut on pre-order with Music Direct.

If you also have an original copy of Texas Flood, I'm very eager to hear your comparison of the two versions.  

Play on

Alas I only have the CD version, I played the first disk Saturday and wow bass is amazing! I make myself clean all my albums prior to playing them and I will do a batch this weekend, and then report back. I use the Kirmuss it's a PIA but does a great job. The good part I will have at least 6 albums to listen to with MR. Ardbeg!

On 1/26/2021 at 1:11 PM, ctsooner said:

Guys, this is a fun thread.  Thanks.  Do you guys buy vinyl through https://www.interventionrecords.com/author/shane-buettner/. ?  Shane is the Exec VP of Marketing and PD at Audioquest and has worked closely with Richard adn so many others over the years.  Some of you probably know him.  He's a great guy.  I can't do vinyl anymore, but i was told his re releases are amazingly good for audiophiles.  He seems to chose great albums to re release and engineer.  Thought I'd share with you guys.  Please let me know your thoughts on his site and if you get anything.  I'd love to hear what yo think.  

Oh great another place to buy vinyl... just what I need. When I get the boot can I come stay at your house Lol. Thanks I'll check it out!

Not just vinyl. Been told by a few that these are all great recordings to begin with and they the. Take things to a new level. Folks who own most of their work say the pressings are the best in their collections. 

There is a great thread they have at Steve Hoffman Forums. The thread is under the company’s name so it is easy to find. Let us know what your thoughts are. 

• 6 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, Mr645 said:

Really give the subwoofers a workout.  Solid sub 30hz bass notes

Here is a Youtube version, but certainly better quality ways to listen

This is one of my reference recordings.  Boz is one of the most unlikely pop stars ever.  I embrace the mystery.