What are you listening to?

Oregon

I believe I have mentioned  before that I am a huge fan of the “Living Stereo” series and reissues from both Classic Records and Analogue Productions. I am fortunate that my Dad collected a number of the originals (and still great sounding LPs) and they are now in my collection. I have been collecting my favorites of the reissues from both Classic Records and now AP (both 33 and 45 rpm).

My absolute favorites are from the Classic Records “45 Series” (4 LP vinyl) of which I own 4; Music for Bang Baaroom and Harp, Lieutenant Kije, Witches Brew, and this stunning reissue of Gaîté Parisienne performed by The Boston Pops and conducted by Arthur Fiedler. Incredible dynamics and sound stage that exceed my 33 rpm copies (which are also excellent).

IMG_1256.jpeg

• Like 5

On 6/14/2024 at 11:37 PM, TomicTime said:

Deluxe reissue out today…..

May be my favorite Feat.  So funky/crunchy and Lowell George vocals wow me.  How is the reissue?  First pressings of this are pretty affordable and, for some reason, don't tend to be as trashed as the Beatles/zeppelin/stones titles in the used bins (thankfully!).

• Like 1

love the reissue and my pressing at least quite good and far as i can tell betters my period version. i especially like his daughter’s contribution to the liner notes and the workup versions in the alternate takes LP.

• Like 1

Man I love this SACD.  Both sound and more importantly, the music here is beautiful.

Breaking in new “toys” (my Mimas) so much fun!👌

IMG_8138.jpeg

IMG_8139.jpeg

Edited by JackStraw
Wording

5 minutes ago, John Gallup said:

Listening to the "Archora" piece now. Really amazing sound, ideas, music.

It is John. I watched the Berlin Philharmonic perform one of her pieces about three years ago via The Digital Concert Hall. I was smitten right off the bat. Really interesting stuff.

• Like 1