What are you listening to?

Oregon

Thanks John, I knew it had to be in the recording as side 1 doesn't have the rumble. I have demoed this to others and they haven't noticed it before. I would say that this is demonstrative of the Quatros ability to accurately reproduce very low bass.

BTW, I don't hear any tape hiss. Probably my slight tinnitus or some HF loss.

55 minutes ago, Ken K said:

This week, I'm listening through the sets I have of the Cello Suites.  Any recommendations or favorites out there?

image.thumb.jpeg.d5f9e9fbd02ce546815adc4906d1a149.jpeg

Ken

The Mercury Starker gets my vote. I have the 45rpm version and it’s definitely a reference suite for sure!

• Like 1

The beautiful Impex restoration and reissue of a very special recording. Impex is doing some of the  best reissue work out there right now! Highly recommended. 

Jascha Heifetz, The Lark, Impex Records, Mono LP, 33 RPM, 2024

IMG_1214.jpeg

IMG_0769.jpeg

• Like 4

And speaking of Impex and reissues, their latest 1-Step is simply wonderful. Beautifully pressed and spectacular sonically, this reissue is a masterpiece by Impex!

Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto, Getz/Gilberto
Impex 1STEP Numbered Limited Edition, Number 239 of 7500
45rpm 2LP, Mastered by Bernie Grundman

IMG_1199.jpeg

IMG_1202.jpeg

Edited by Mike Goetz
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mike Goetz said:

And speaking of Impex and reissues, their latest 1-Step is simply wonderful. Beautifully pressed and spectacular sonically, this reissue is a masterpiece by Impex!

Impex 1STEP Numbered Limited Edition, Analog Eye Candy of 7500

Works for me. Just ordered it.

• Like 1

This is a fun LP and great reference recording. It is a great test of your system and speakers capabilities. Instrument placement, movement and sonic performance are all well demonstrated. The first track, Poinciana, is also available on AP’s “The Wonderful Sounds of Quality Record Pressings.” 

Shelly Manne & Jack Marshall, Sounds Unheard Of!, 33RPM, Analogue Productions Revival Series, 1996

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1166.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Mike Goetz said:

Impex 1STEP Numbered Limited Edition, Number 239 of 7500

IMG_1199.jpeg

IMG_1202.jpeg

My copy is sitting at the post office!  They keep closing before I get out of work LOL

• Like 1

I keep coming back to this one. Still one of the best (if not THE best) live recordings ever!

Harry Belafonte
Belafonte at Carnegie Hall, the Complete Concert
Analogue Productions, 5 LPs, 45RPM

Analog: Music Hall mmf 9.3, Pro-Ject 9cc, Hana Umami Blue, EAT E-Glo Petit w/ SBooster Linear Power Supply
Digital: iFi ZEN DAC Signature V2, iFi ZEN Stream, Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100, Philips CDC 935, Audioquest Evergreen cables
Electronics: Rogue Audio RP-5 V2 preamp (NOS 1960/1965 Philips tubes), Rogue Audio DragoN hybrid power amp
Speakers: Vandersteen 3A Signature (biwired)
Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA6, PH6 (phono)
Speaker Cables: Morrow Audio SP6

IMG_1217.jpeg

Edited by Mike Goetz
  • Like 2