What are you listening to?

Oregon

17 minutes ago, Mike Goetz said:

BAMBERG SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA CONDUCTED BY JAKOB HRŮŠA, “Dvorak Symphony No. 9 From the New World,” Accentus Music, 3 LP Box Set, 45 RPM, Direct to Disk, Numbered Limited Edition. 

Can you link to the Tracking Angle article or a source for the record? I'm not able to find it.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Mike Goetz said:

I have a modest collection of classical music.  It is limited in that I am really only interested in collecting works that I am familiar with and also enjoy. It is mainly “Living Stereo” recordings, some originals from the late 50s and early 60s as well as Classic Records and Analogue Productions reissues. They all mean something to me and the vast majority of them sound fantastic. And then I read a review of this one on the “Tracking Angle” website.

BAMBERG SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA CONDUCTED BY JAKOB HRŮŠA, “Dvorak Symphony No. 9 From the New World,” Accentus Music, 3 LP Box Set, 45 RPM, Direct to Disk, Numbered Limited Edition. 

Well, it arrived today! There are just no superlatives to describe it. Spectacular presentation, wonderful deep and wide soundstage with superb instrument placement. Dynamic (sonically) is probably the best way to describe it. This is my favorite piece of classical music and I am thrilled to own such a special recording.

IMG_0723.jpeg

IMG_0724.jpeg

My favorite New World is still Bernstein on Sony, a real thrillride.

Hrusa has recorded quite a lot of Dvorak now.  One of his earliest with a really good recording of the Symphonic Variations on Pentatone, a work that isn't recorded as often as it should be.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daverz said:

My favorite New World is still Bernstein on Sony, a real thrillride.

I’m not familiar with that one. I seem to recall a Bernstein release but the one I’m thinking about I think was on Columbia or perhaps Columbia Masterworks?  When was the Sony released? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike Goetz said:

I’m not familiar with that one. I seem to recall a Bernstein release but the one I’m thinking about I think was on Columbia or perhaps Columbia Masterworks?  When was the Sony released? 

The Sony CD reissue of the Columbia recording.

spacer.png

And many other reissues in various Sony Bernstein boxes.

Edited by Daverz
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, JackStraw said:

When your home alone and playing loud👌

IMG_7436.jpeg

Have that Super Session LP…..great stuff 👍🏼

And Butterfield is always good.

Edited by bkeske

Khatia Buniatishvili … been watching her performances on TV (at my sisters in Sarasota) . I downloaded some of her performances on my DAP for the flight home, but man is she fun to watch in concert! I’ve always enjoyed piano.

image.jpeg.9fb5ec97237c08a16f37449b59c35988.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bruskie said:

If you haven't pre-ordered then grab one fast cause they won't last!!  MOFI really did justice to Joni's piano and voice on this one.

Bruce

IMG_6512.jpeg

I adore this album, but wonder how we feel about "1/4" / 15 IPS Dolby A analog master to DSD 256 to analog console to lathe"? Is the result worth $125?