What are you listening to?

Oregon

Another Christmas gift from my wife. If you really want to see what your system can do, this is the recording!  I also have the AP 33 RPM, Classic CD and a 1958 original pressing (in near mint condition). This is the Classic Records 4 single-sided LP, 45 RPM reissue from 1996. Spectacular sonically!!

IMG_0715.jpeg

• Like 1

It has been a few months now, but i just had to cue this one up today. Analogue Productions knocked this out of the park with this 5 LP 45 RPM reissue of one of the greatest live recordings ever. Deep and wide soundstage, perfect instrument and vocal placement and all this in a late 1950s live recording. Absolutely amazes me every time!!

IMG_0498.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Goetz said:

It has been a few months now, but i just had to cue this one up today. Analogue Productions knocked this out of the park with this 5 LP 45 RPM reissue of one of the greatest live recordings ever. Deep and wide soundstage, perfect instrument and vocal placement and all this in a late 1950s live recording. Absolutely amazes me every time!!

IMG_0498.jpeg

Didn't know until I read Jeff Sharlet's book The Undertow  that Belafonte was an important civil rights activist, and put up the money for Martin Luther King's bail. This teevee special Belafonte did in 1959 with Odetta is pretty wonderful too. (Don't be put off by the commercials at the beginning--from then on it's just great music.) And he lived to be 96 and just died this past April. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Gallup said:

Didn't know until I read Jeff Sharlet's book The Undertow  that Belafonte was an important civil rights activist, and put up the money for Martin Luther King's bail. This teevee special Belafonte did in 1959 with Odetta is pretty wonderful too.

I’ve never seen the special with Odesa, but I’ll have to watch it on You Tube. I was very much aware that he was very active in politics, civil and human rights! And he could sing too. 😉

• Like 1

I have a modest collection of classical music.  It is limited in that I am really only interested in collecting works that I am familiar with and also enjoy. It is mainly “Living Stereo” recordings, some originals from the late 50s and early 60s as well as Classic Records and Analogue Productions reissues. They all mean something to me and the vast majority of them sound fantastic. And then I read a review of this one on the “Tracking Angle” website.

BAMBERG SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA CONDUCTED BY JAKOB HRŮŠA, “Dvorak Symphony No. 9 From the New World,” Accentus Music, 3 LP Box Set, 45 RPM, Direct to Disk, Numbered Limited Edition. 

Well, it arrived today! There are just no superlatives to describe it. Spectacular presentation, wonderful deep and wide soundstage with superb instrument placement. Dynamic (sonically) is probably the best way to describe it. This is my favorite piece of classical music and I am thrilled to own such a special recording.

IMG_0723.jpeg

IMG_0724.jpeg

• Like 3