What are you listening to?

Oregon

Been listening to a lot of great stuff this past week, but have this spinning now, and it sounds absolutely awesome.

Paavo Berglund conducts Sibelius

• Kullervo Symphony, Op. 7
  • Swanwhite - Incidental Music

Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra And Helsinki University Mens Choir
Angel 2LP box 1971

Sibelius_Kullervo_box.jpg

• Like 1

Bach, and a battle of formats on a rainy day..........and mostly just examples of how freeking amazing Vandersteens present these amazing performances.  This is hours of music (including solo violin (one from the 1700's I believe) and I easily could sit and re-listen without leaving the chair....:).  I'll take the Starker vinyl by a nose!

fisher.jpg

starker.jpg

Edited by Jackstraw75
  • Like 1

Just scored a  33 1/3  "Pure Audiophile" pressing on clear red vinyl, double disc w/4 extra tracks. Got it on a trade for 3 Steve Earle albums that are very collectible but sound like shit. Streaming them on Qobuz sounds much better. Very happy camper tonight!

Bruce

IMG_5510.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having pretty good luck this last week in record stores. Picked up this gem in the $6 classical bin. Sounds WONDERFUL. Check out the "Angel Records" label. I have never seen this label before.; C1959.

Bruce

IMG_5527.jpeg

IMG_5528.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

Edited by Bruskie
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bruskie said:

I've been having pretty good luck this last week in record stores. Picked up this gem in the $6 classical bin. Sounds WONDERFUL. Check out the "Angel Records" label. I have never seen this label before.; C1959.

Bruce

I have the beverage to go with the listening… 👼

EEE96C86-A0F9-4EB3-9B7F-85D50602EAAC.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received " A Soulful Journey Vol II" from swingin gate label.  Seven tracks that were taken the same day as Vol I but with a slight "New Orleans" flavor.  Still very well done and every instrument sounds like it could have been in my room.  I love recordings that allow the XTRM to sound so believable and real on instruments I am intimately familiar with.  RV

• Like 5

It’s funny as I have changed my listening habits greatly since getting the mono blocks to go with Quatro’s. I listen even more to the music to the point where I forget it’s digital.  I do however, notice immediately when a great recording comes on and I listen much more intentionally. The Brinkmann has been a game changer for my digital. I still dream about having a TT again, hehe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just upgraded the firmware in my Denafrips Ares II today, which was just released. Nice improvement, so spinning some CD’s today. This album absolutely rocks and sounds great. Belles MB-200’s are nice and toasty….cranking it (them). Fun.

John_Hiatt_Perfectly_Good_Guitar.jpg

Edited by bkeske
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, bkeske said:

Just upgraded the firmware in my Denafrips Ares II today, which was just released. Nice improvement, so spinning some CD’s today. This album absolutely rocks and sounds great. Belles MB-200’s are nice and toasty….cranking it (them). Fun.

John_Hiatt_Perfectly_Good_Guitar.jpg

Awesome stuff. Listening on the recumbent elliptical right now. Thanks sooo much for this. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...