Windows behind speakers

Already tried without sound panels and they need to be there. I have been using this room for about 7 yrs with my model ones.

I have some extra ones so I may try them on the windows.

3 hours ago, ghamilton said:

Already tried without sound panels and they need to be there. I have been using this room for about 7 yrs with my model ones.

I have some extra ones so I may try them on the windows.

Like a shudder system?
(Or covering the window permanently?)

What about just using some drapes on the window?

• Like 1

This is probably not an uncommon occurrence for those of us without dedicated listening rooms. In my case, my listening room is also my living room and my placement options are really limited. I use pleated fabric shades on the windows which provide additional insulation and help filter out noise from the outside.  The resulting sound from my 3A Sigs does not appear to be adversely impacted. I have a wide, deep soundstage and the sonic response is smooth and detailed. I am happy with the appearance and the music as is my wife, and I’m not about to change anything. 

253A5853-2CFA-4D19-BE21-C63BE44FC91E.jpeg

26D6C60D-8C83-4C78-AE7B-FACD5D0FAD2C.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 3:17 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

On my recommendation Dick Hardesty put horizontal wood blinds and adjusted them for proper diffusion.  Worked very well for sound and could be adjusted for sight when needed.  RV

I couldn’t agree more. It’s amazing that a slight change in the closure of wooden blinds makes such a huge impact on sound… if I could only figure out how to get more bass then that would be the icing on the cake.. in the meantime I am just going to live with being impressed with the imaging…

35A1BC3D-D425-462E-A7DE-42B9B7F8390D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 2:40 AM, Oregon said:

Windows behind loudspeakers can work, just make the window disappear.  In this case the entire window frame is lined with anechoic foam behind heavy drapes.

stereo 1.jpg

Dual reel to reel is just gluttony. If you wish, I can share my home mailing address. Let me know when. 

6 hours ago, ctsooner said:

Dual reel to reel is just gluttony. If you wish, I can share my home mailing address. Let me know when. 

That;s true, but then, audiophilia sorta' requires the gluttony gene to complete your stereo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ctsooner said:

The thieves would need to work as a team, if they are as heavy to carry as they look.
Or they might take legal action for a workplace injury🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmz said:

The thieves would need to work as a team, if they are as heavy to carry as they look.
Or they might take legal action for a workplace injury🤔

Wife is an insurance broker.  I’ll ask her is that’s on the workers comp. I’d assume the thief is an independent contractor and therefore not covered.