Dire Straits - Debut Album now 45 rpm MoFi

TomicTime

Since the "game changing" bass alignment (I'm blessed with great friends) has been performed on my Quatros, everyday has been audio nirvana, pulling out familiar records and hearing things I either never noticed, or were never as present and detailed as they are now.  This excellent choice of a reissue is on deck for this afternoon's listening session.  

And maybe a little Sade?

Play on

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 11:06 AM, Steve Edwards said:

Since the "game changing" bass alignment (I'm blessed with great friends) has been performed on my Quatros, everyday has been audio nirvana, pulling out familiar records and hearing things I either never noticed, or were never as present and detailed as they are now.  This excellent choice of a reissue is on deck for this afternoon's listening session.  

And maybe a little Sade?

Play on

Your post inspired me to order Sade's  "This Far" I had been on the fence, so thanks I think. There are not a lot of reviews, but I love her music. I will report back when it arrives.

• Like 1

Donations are welcome 🤪. No, really glad you enjoy my posts. It took Bruce (of Stereo Unlimited) 20 years of subtle but constant pressure to get me into vinyl. At one point he offered allow me the opportunity to take a turntable and several albums home for and extended trial. 

Honestly, I am in touch with a bunch of the Vandersteen dealers and for the most part, all are wonderful and want to help.  I feel that Vandersteen owners march to the beat of their own drummer and that's why they chose what sounds best, not what someone has told them to buy.  It's no wonder why the folks posting on this board are good folks who love the music as much as the gear.  I do love to support the retail shops as I'd be lost without them.

• Like 1

Concur Peter.  And as long as we're passing out kudos, here's one to RV.  How many owners (in any industry) do you know that will answer phone calls or emails from thousands of consumers?  Yes, in addition to leading edge product designs, from the company, to the dealers, to those who own and enjoy the products, there is something special about being in the Vandersteen family.  

Play on

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Few do. I’ve been blessed to know many in the industry and I can tell you that like anywhere else, many will give you some time.  Some don’t care and others are just rude.  AJ Conte gave me a physics lesson every time we spoke. He’d keep me on for 30 mins explaining ‘why’. White and Berry (Aesthetix and Ayre) will help if they can.