New "Forever" HiFi

This should be my last HiFi as I'm an old one. Since 2016 it has been a 2Ce Signature II based system. At the time I was running a vintage VTL line, Project Perspective turntable w/Alpha Genesis 1000 cart, some Supex step-up transformer, Marantz CD player, Infinity Reference 6 loudspeakers, Acoustic Research interconnects, home-made military surplus silver-plated loudspeaker cables.

Got my 2’s sight unseen, never auditioned. From the many reviews it was pretty clear these things would likely deliver the sound I sought. The day the 2’s arrived it was pretty clear I had made the correct choice. Since the minute they were playing my audio adventure has been both exciting and educational as these 2’s scale with every new equipment change.

Currently running the 2’s, a Manley Jumbo Shrimp preamp (Telefunken and GE JAN matched tubes, Manley Snapper amps w/matched Mullard EL-34’s tubes, ClearAudio Performance DC table w/Tracer tonearm, Hana Umami Red cart feeding a Manley Chinook phonostage w/matched NOS Telefunken 6922 tubes, Rotel CD14 MKII CD player.  A Denafrips Ares2 12th Anniversary DAC is on the way. We’ll just see what this digital thing is about.

Anyway, not the big guns rig some of you lads are running but it sounds FANTASTIC in my little 13’ x 14’ listening/war room.

Should any be offended by the sight of war memorabilia maybe a Moderator can clean it up. I simply wish to show how the helmet racks serve as sound diffusion for reflections.

Thanks for looking,

Cody

New HiFi mit plants 0.jpg

New HiFi mit plants 2.jpg

New HiFi mit plants 3.jpg

New HiFi mit plants 4.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DC-93 said:

Have you tried listening without that reflective table ?

Yeah, I know it's an audio no-no. Sometimes I place a towel over the table. I can't describe the difference it makes as my ears aren't that discerning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Added a Denafrips Ares 12th-1 fed by the Rotel CD player. The Rotel replaces a Marantz CD6005 from 2013. Between this new CD player and the DAC the sound of the digital side of my stereo has improved CONSIDERABLY. First time digital has ever sounded decent in my rig. :^)

Denafrips and Rotel 1.jpg

• Like 3

This is only true of some sub designs.  Most subs are designed to sell not reproduce accurate bass, so they have a "Q" that is too high.  These will improve when you lower the effective "Q" by getting them some distance from the room boundaries.  Best to design a sub for proper bass while on the floor for obvious reasons and have a "Q" control for people to adjust to taste, IMO.  RV

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Oregon said:

Hey Richard,

Thank you for commenting. My thinking is placing the sub more or less (ish) between the floor and ceiling  can't hurt. 

If I could shove one under the floor, or in the attic, that would be more WAF compliant. 😄
And use a port to get it to the room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...