Spade Size & Recommended Vendor

I can't seem to buy the correct size for spade plugs for any of my Vandersteen speakers.

This is such a trivial question that is vexing me to no end.

Please, what size spade plugs do I buy, and is there a recommended vendor?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Mike Malter said:

I can't seem to buy the correct size for spade plugs for any of my Vandersteen speakers.

This is such a trivial question that is vexing me to no end.

Please, what size spade plugs do I buy, and is there a recommended vendor?

Thank you.

Audioquest, or ask your Vandersteen Dealer.  RV

@Mike Malter i was in a similar situation and after spending money on different sized spades that were challenging to fit in the speakers and amps, I resorted to bare wire connection.  Unless others have a different opinion on this, I don’t find any difference between using bare wire or spades.
Nevertheless, as Richard suggested, going through your dealer is the best option (or if someone on the forum points you to the exact Audioquest spade model).

On 3/22/2024 at 12:06 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

Medel Sevens and KENTO speakers accept a wider spade than all other Vandersteen's.  3/16 I.D. and 7/16 Max Width works on all of them!  RV

So that means that instead of purchasing new spade lugs to fit your current speaker (Quatro down), you should just keep what you have and purchase the Kento or 7's.... Gotcha Richard. Thanks for the help 😉

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:06 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

Medel Sevens and KENTO speakers accept a wider spade than all other Vandersteen's.  3/16 I.D. and 7/16 Max Width works on all of them!  RV

Was there a reason why you made the spade size so specific? I always wondered why they are limited by the metal surrounds.

B

2 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

Was there a reason why you made the spade size so specific? I always wondered why they are limited by the metal surrounds.

B

The terminal blocks are not made out of metal but plastic for its insolation properties.  They keep the positive and negative wires from shorting together and blowing up the customers amplifier.  They are sized to hinder the use of heavy and large connectors with lots of metal because they can sound dark.  The specific dimensions are an easy way to know they will work before ordering them assuring they will fit.  RV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2