Well, it’s been several months in the making since I initially joined the site and posted the first images of my audio room. About a month after that I upgraded my speakers from Quatro Woods to the latest CT version. (Pictured in the images below) That was also about the same time that we signed a contract on a new home that was in the process of being built. Since the moment we signed until now, I have been planning my new room as best as I could. There are a couple of final touches that have yet to be completed like hanging panels at my first reflection point because I am still moving the speakers around. For the meantime, I just lean them against the wall where I need them. I have some friends coming over this weekend to help with some of the speaker placement, and once I’m satisfied, I’ll hang them up. Anyway, thanks for looking!

20240328_184338.jpeg

20240328_183119.jpeg

20240328_183421.jpeg

20240328_183337.jpeg

20240328_184235.jpeg

• Like 5

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, it’s pretty big and I have been enjoying the extra room. The subs are the model 3s and are connected. I have enjoyed that extra oomph that they provide at the lowest registers. When there is a song where there’s some low bass, there’s a neat depth/dimension that just makes you melt. It’s subtle but definitely something I’ve enjoyed.

• Like 1

Really, really, really awesome. Well done. Seeing your pictures, it occurred to me I have not heard McIntosh amplification with Vandersteen before. I imagine the pairing sounds both lovely and powerful.

Do you have a preferred source and music genre?

• Like 2

Thank you! I have enjoyed the Macs quite a bit. My preferred source is streaming hi-res audio through the Roon computer and the Ayre QB-9 Twenty dac. As for music genre, I have been enjoying Indie-Folk music. Kind of mellow and somewhat melancholic. 

Glen

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

As for music genre, I have been enjoying Indie-Folk music. Kind of mellow and somewhat melancholic. 

Excellent! If not on your radar already, I suggest checking out Phosphorescent. C’est La Vie and Muchacho are my favorite two albums by the artist. Also within the genre, a more recent release that I have been enjoying is Multitudes by Feist.

P.S. I also own Quatro Wood CT and a pair of SUB THREE. Vandersteen knows bass.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions! I enjoy listening to songs I’ve never heard. Just in case you’ve never heard of these two, I’d suggest them:

Tiger Striped Sky by Roo Panes

Weird Goodbyes by The National/Bon Iver

I think there’s just something extra special when the CTs are augmented by the Sub Threes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GdnrBob said:

I didn't see the pics until now.

Holy cow, a whole room for a stereo system! You either are a: Single, b: Have a huge house, or c : Have an audio loving spouse

Bob

Hey Bob,

While it’s not a huge house, it is sizably bigger than my old one. We were going for the floor plan we selected, but the basement was an added bonus, so that opened things up for the dedicated audio room. Jim Smith from “Get Better Sound” came over yesterday to help me dial in the setup. It’s been a fun process thus far and I hope to make a couple more changes in the near future. 

Glen

• Like 2

Congrats. What a great looking room and set up.  I always dream about Sub 3's to augment my Quatro's.  I need the new Vandersteen pre first though. No more money on the system until I get the new pre! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ctsooner said:

Congrats. What a great looking room and set up.  I always dream about Sub 3's to augment my Quatro's.  I need the new Vandersteen pre first though. No more money on the system until I get the new pre! 

Thank you! Maybe it’s already out there, but what is the release date for the preamp? I, too, will be in the market for a new preamp in the coming weeks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Thank you! Maybe it’s already out there, but what is the release date for the preamp? I, too, will be in the market for a new preamp in the coming weeks.  

Richard said in another thread that a nearly completed one will be at AXPONIA.  That probably means we are very very close to a release date.  Richard won't speculate on a date until he feels comfortable that the remote will do everything he wants (my personal thought).  This control center will truly be a one of a kind device that no other on the market will be.  I may play with the EQ part, but I'm is used to using nothing, that I wonder how much I'll even use the extras.  

• Like 1

Thank you, Bruce,  for the kind words. The subs really do help in the bigger room. It was worth the investment.

@ctsooner: I’m looking forward to hearing the new preamp. Hopefully it will be in my price range.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Huang said:

Beautiful, tasteful room. Well done! You do need more LPs cluttering up the room to give it that lived in effect.. lol

Thank you and love the suggestion!

• Like 1