Kentos Have Landed

Delkat

Kentos showed up today!  Can’t wait to hear them compared to my (non-CT) Quatro Woods. I’ve actually been using my vintage model 2s for the past 2 months while waiting for the Kentos. 

I’m 95% sure I need to set the M5-HPAs to 200Hz for the Kentos.  The manual references all the other speakers set at 100Hz but I think the Kentos are the outliers. 

Set up will be a good project for the Holidays. 

3826292A-6E18-4DC6-8BCF-9EEE2ED72628.jpeg

FB99D60C-5BAF-4787-929B-4777437D665F.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Edwards said:

Delkat,

I can’t imagine how you can sleep at night.  The anticipation has even got MY pulse accelerated!  Prepare to pick your jaw up from the floor  😳 

Congratulations!  Enjoy

Steve

I'm with you.  Very excited to get things going.  But, I have to work today (to pay for them) and then off to LA in the morning for the Holiday.  I'm going to try to get the amps set and the speakers hooked up later today.

Todd

10 hours ago, TomicTime said:

@Richard Vandersteen Consult the Kento manual ! love the color, those are going to look and sound fantastic 

best to you

Jim

Jim,

I've been reading this manual for the past two months and that's why I was 95% sure it was 200.  Just wanted to make sure the 200Hz @3db down was how the HPA controls are spec'd.

Thanks for the guidance and there may be some more questions coming regarding setup.

Todd

I haven't looked at the video, but assumed it was Jay Leno's garage.

@Delkat,

Nice Pics, Congrats!

I agree with Jim, let them get some hours on them before dialing them in.

I never though 'break in' to be noticeable until I bought a pair of Zu Omen Bookshelf speakers. Suddenly, one day, they just sounded different/better.

YMMV.

Bob

On 11/26/2021 at 1:56 AM, TomicTime said:

Wow ...

i love real timber frame 😉

Might as well hijack this thread with some more tools then … 😃

Picked up one of these planners, and I am intending to do a TF house.
It is a bit of a race though, as there is drying the wood, council approval, and the milling of native Jarrah is slated to end in 2024.

I can get “bush poles” which are telephone pole looking timbers about 8-10 meters long and ~20” in diameter.
And I might try vacuum bagging as a drying technique, or see if the Kiln can be hired over the holidays.

The planner is a bit of a beast and ~2500W.

955640A5-5EEC-4F14-A776-96922ED43878.jpeg

• Like 1

True, but one cannot easily run a telephone pole through a planner unless you have a lot of bench space and rollers.
(Hence the hand held model.)

How does one feed that slab through the planner?
… and catch it?
(it is a nice looking piece of wood.)

Go right to 2:45

On 11/28/2021 at 1:04 AM, Holmz said:

True, but one cannot easily run a telephone pole through a planner unless you have a lot of bench space and rollers.
(Hence the hand held model.)

How does one feed that slab through the planner?
… and catch it?
(it is a nice looking piece of wood.)

Go right to 2:45

I can. I own and am selling an older model Powermatic planer with a new Byrd shellac head lol. It opens up wide. 

• Like 1