Clint's TREO CT

Room completion. Speaker placement, spikes and footers installed, sub crawl performed🙃, replaced Banana plugs for Spades on the AQ Rocket 88, and new Denon DL-103R cartridge with ZU audio upgrade installed. Sound is mesmerizing. Detailed with a wide open soundstage. Thank you Richard Vandersteen for making such a wonderful product.

• Like 3

Congrats! Just picked up some non-CT Treo's, replacing my 2CE Sigs, and simply love them. Didn't really think I needed the change, (and no, I didn't 'need them'), but so happy I took the plunge. 

Still have my 1C's and 2CE Sigs too. All doing duty.

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Edited by bkeske
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TomicTime said:

Treo is easy to setup ! 

Agreed Jim, much easier than my 2CE Sigs. Still finicky about placement initially for your particular room, but once 'nailed',  very small changes do not affect the sound as it does with the 2C's. I also find the overall sound while moving and walking within and around the room/house is much more consistently good sound vs having to sit firmly in the 'sweet spot'. I do, but with the 2C's, as example, as soon as you stood up, and/or walked away from them, it was much more noticeable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkeske said:

I also find the overall sound while moving and walking within and around the room/house is much more consistently good sound vs having to sit firmly in the 'sweet spot'.

That is one of the reasons I love my Treo's, and one of the reasons I like Vandersteen speakers.

Listening with your head in a vise is not my idea of enjoying music.

B

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 2:45 PM, Steve Edwards said:

Way cool is right!  I've got the back of my cabinet lit (behind a couple fake palms), but would like to put Play Bars behind the speakers.  Do you notice any noise from them?

No noise that I can hear. Using AQ Rocket 88 speaker wire. Shielded very well. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/20/2021 at 5:32 PM, Clint Farrell said:

The MC275 has provided me with 2 years of wonder. My constant pursuit for audio perfection has forced me to upgrade to the Classe Delta Stereo. 

WOW, going from a sweet tube amp with that amazing mid-range to a solid-state amplifier with feedback usually doesn't go well with a time and phase correct speaker!  I have not heard this amplifier so I guess I should.   Good for me to hear these reports from owners with actual experience.  RV

• Like 1