Cabinet Finish Thread

13 hours ago, Moose said:

Good idea, Jon.  I'll look into that.  My parent's had a UV blocking film on a window at their house, but it was tinted.  Clear would be sweet!

We had it in our house in Charleston and it seemed to protect the artwork.  The sellers really want you to buy tinted to reduce heat in the house, and we bought some clear and some lightly tinted based on exposure.

• Like 1

I always wondered why older homes were so dark. Then I noticed how much the sun damages fabrics and furniture.

So, all the windows have treatments-Curtains and Blinds. Which is great for diffusing/reflecting sound, too. Luckily, my partner can sew drapery, so the cost is minimized.

B

2 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

I always wondered why older homes were so dark. Then I noticed how much the sun damages fabrics and furniture.

So, all the windows have treatments-Curtains and Blinds. Which is great for diffusing/reflecting sound, too. Luckily, my partner can sew drapery, so the cost is minimized.

B

Mine too.,, brutha.

I had a sewing machine once, and the Haus-Boss has only let me on her “Ferrari of a machine” once… in order to sew an XMAS stocking.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, Moose said:

The "plant stands" were the only way my wife let me put any room treatment in here.  They are 11" ASC Isothermal Tube Traps.  If I had more flexibility, I'd have put the 13" traps in there, stacked 2 in each corner.   The spider plants seem to handle incredible amounts of neglect.  There's a Christmas Cactus in the right corner that seems equally robust.

Spider plants and Christmas Cactus are nearly impossible to kill. Good choices. :^)

Nice stereo.