While my turntable is in the shop ...............

Steve Edwards

I'm reacquainting myself with my cd collection.  This is another title that never made it to the 12" black plates.  But, one that I regularly go back to; sonics and content are outstanding.  Doug has been strictly acoustic for that last twenty or so years, but his deftness on the electric guitar (particularly on the track SRV) abound here.  And the sound of the drums at the end of PLACQUEMINE alone are worth the price of admission.  It can be acquired on Discogs. 

Play on 

IMG_4345.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg

• Like 4

CT, you are speaking my language:  albums from The Talking Heads, the Cars and Dire Straits are extremely well recorded.  My favorites:

Talking Heads: Speaking in Tongues

The Cars: S/T and Candy-O (especially first side)

Dire Straits: S/T

There's a lot more where that came from!  Jonas

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonas said:

CT, you are speaking my language:  albums from The Talking Heads, the Cars and Dire Straits are extremely well recorded.  My favorites:

Talking Heads: Speaking in Tongues

The Cars: S/T and Candy-O (especially first side)

Dire Straits: S/T

There's a lot more where that came from!  Jonas

I thought I had every MacLeod album… 🙄 but I see I have missed at least 1. 

The Joan Armatrading is from a bit later in the 80s and is also well recorded (IMO). 

A high percentage of the early 80’s new wave stuff was pretty ordinary on quality of recording.
So they are way different than my Cars albums for example.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ctsooner said:

Yes,  I can now be part of the convo. 62 yo today and hearing is still great. Love my 60-90’s music.  I guess I just love music. About to steam some Cars Candy O

We are closer in age than I thought.

Happy Birthday.

Edited by Holmz

Thanks Randal.  I starting in high end audio in 69 when I went with dad to get a system.  I bought my own at 13 (bar mitzvah money).  My former brother in law still uses the Yamaha YP 211 TT with a new Grado, Yamaha CR620 receiver and newer speakers (forget which ones).  Still sounds pretty good.

• 1 month later...