New label "swingin'gate records" first double album

Richard Vandersteen

Looking at the website, I see they use a record flattener on discs that aren't truly flat.

I never knew this existed. It was one of the reasons I disliked vinyl (pre CD's). I remember RCA has something called DynaFlex. It was so bad some reviewer called it DynaWarp.

B

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GdnrBob said:

Looking at the website, I see they use a record flattener on discs that aren't truly flat.

I never knew this existed. It was one of the reasons I disliked vinyl (pre CD's). I remember RCA has something called DynaFlex. It was so bad some reviewer called it DynaWarp.

B

I have a record flattener Bob. Works pretty well on those LP's that need it. Mine is called the 'Record Pi'. Takes a bit more work than some others, but the price is right vs the more expensive competition. Well worth the investment. I purchase many older original pressings, and this can be an issue on a handful that were perhaps not stored correctly, etc. over the years before I put them back into use.

I also have some old Dynaflex LP's, and to be honest, those are not usually a problem vs some others. 

Brian

• Like 1