New label "swingin'gate records" first double album

Richard Vandersteen

My Swiss distributor Robert Merker sent me an album and what a surprise it is!  Every cut on this double album is one Eneke and I would want to listen many more times.  Titel SOB & THE CZYKS, A Soulful Journey, From Big Apple to Big Easy SG-001.  Not inexpensive but very carefully done and great sounding.  Check it out.  Digital folks, eat your heart out as this will not be released in digital, in fact no digital equipment was allowed anywhere in the entire process!

RV

• Like 5

Just checked Discogs. One seller has one available from Germany. $180.00. Hey, but free shipping 🙂

I spent almost that much for an album, so not outside the realm of possibilities.  I need to sell that odd ball 45 I have worth about $500. 

Edited by bkeske

18 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

Digital folks, eat your heart out as this will not be released in digital, in fact no digital equipment was allowed anywhere in the entire process!

If I do buy it, I'll have it converted to digital. 😝

B

• Like 1

Pete - Yes, I have several Intervention Records from Shane - Guilded Palace of Sin - Flying Burrito Bros. and Night and Day - Joe Jackson, they are both superb !

As many might know, Shane has 7’s w 7 HPA amplifiers, Audioquest cables , etc…

He’s a VanderKat ( copyright reserved )

Jim

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

If you do, please take it somewhere with a table so you can hear what it really sounds like, LOL.

RV

You Betcha!

I'll take it to Johnny R and we'll compare both. I'll bring the Brinkman to level the playing field.

B

15 hours ago, TomicTime said:

i can see setting up a record importing business for one label with one artist, heck why not ?

What I heard on Spotify I liked.

I could stretch to 2 or maybe 3 if it helps…. (One for me, on for SiL at least)
Providing that the cost is not too extreme, and shipping is not stipulate expensive.

I am not sure if the phone will work in the US. I did set up roaming,…but email or PMing here, might be the go.

15 hours ago, TomicTime said:

think of all the money we will save……..

^^
Movie quote, “An attempt at humour I suppose?”

2 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

If you do, please take it somewhere with a table so you can hear what it really sounds like, LOL.

RV

(ROFL)

Be noice to G-Bob 😎

On 2/6/2022 at 3:17 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

My Swiss distributor Robert Merker sent me an album and what a surprise it is!  Every cut on this double album is one Eneke and I would want to listen many more times.  Titel SOB & THE CZYKS, A Soulful Journey, From Big Apple to Big Easy SG-001.  Not inexpensive but very carefully done and great sounding.  Check it out.  Digital folks, eat your heart out as this will not be released in digital, in fact no digital equipment was allowed anywhere in the entire process!

RV

I just ordered mine  https://www.en.swingingate.com/

On 2/7/2022 at 8:37 AM, bkeske said:

I'm almost tempted, as there are only 500 being pressed

Brian, if you click the link Brad provided, and scroll down, it states Pressed on new manual Newbilt presses, 500 LPs max per stamper so I guess it's safe to assume that they may produce higher numbers.  Per RV's comments, I would certainly like to have a copy.