New label "swingin'gate records" first double album

Richard Vandersteen

That Brinkmann is SICK!  I have always loved the Atlas too, so I'm not surprised.  Brinkmann gear is as good as it gets.  I am loving my Nyquist more and more each day.  Allows me to enjoy digital.  I hope Rutan gets this album, but I'm sure Bob will meet me at Johnny's when I can finally get down there to visit.  Really miss seeing everyone. 🙂 

If you own the LP, I think making a digital copy for your own use is OK.  Making digital copies for other people is not moral.  If I had morals like that for the last 45 years our product would not be what it is today.   I would prefer this not be discussed on this forum and I am not suggesting anyone has.  

Thanks,

RV

• Like 3

Guys, I just wanted to remind everyone that Richard has asked us all not to post about sharing music files and the like.  It's technically illegal for most of the music to be shared, so he just asks for it not to be discussed here.  Thanks and I hope I haven't offended anyone. Thanks 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 8:39 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

If you own the LP, I think making a digital copy for your own use is OK.  Making digital copies for other people is not moral.  If I had morals like that for the last 45 years our product would not be what it is today.   I would prefer this not be discussed on this forum and I am not suggesting anyone has.  

Thanks,

RV

The fine gentleman (Robert Merker) sent me an email, which I translated (loosely) as “how in the ‘el did you hear about this in Australia?”

I emailed back, and Mr Merker sent the link for the digital (CD) version. It is in German and I need to await my sis to translate it into Aussie, English or Yank.

He did day if they don’t ship to the US then he will send it.
However, as I don’t want to make it too hard, so we should probably figure out how many CDs we want and do an order for the whole lot.

It is 20-22 Euro/CD and 15 Euro shipping.

My Sota mistracks in the car, so I’ll try a CD. The second CD will be for @GdnrBob … cause he is “a good bloke”.
Who else wants the low quality version? 🥰

It’s st. Valentine’s Day 🥰

Edited by Holmz
  • Like 1

I received my album yesterday.  It is well packed, and thank heaven.  It arrived wet, considering that I live in the middle of a desert that has not seen rain for some time; it is curious.  Luckily, the packaging delivered the album damage free.  I can't wait to fire it up this weekend. 

• Like 3

On 2/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

...  Not inexpensive but very carefully done and great sounding. 

RV

I recognise a lot of the songs.
I am assuming it is a cover album of the classics (??)

How good is the sound stage?

20 hours ago, Brad O said:

I received my album yesterday.  It is well packed, and thank heaven.  It arrived wet, considering that I live in the middle of a desert that has not seen rain for some time; it is curious.  Luckily, the packaging delivered the album damage free.  I can't wait to fire it up this weekend. 

Brad, please don’t fire it up. You will ruin he disc. Heat is its kryptonite. Thanks. #savethevinyl

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine today, and it indeed sounds spectacular, with nice prominent acoustic bass and a sound "stage" that feels as though you're in the studio with the musicians. I was also delighted to find that the music is in the traditional-jazz style that I enjoy most—a thing I didn't even think to inquire about before ordering. 

Und  vorsicht:  Die Linernotes sind alle auf Deutsch.

Edited by John Gallup
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

My Swiss distributor Robert Merker sent me an album and what a surprise it is!  Every cut on this double album is one Eneke and I would want to listen many more times.  Titel SOB & THE CZYKS, A Soulful Journey, From Big Apple to Big Easy SG-001.  Not inexpensive but very carefully done and great sounding.  Check it out.  Digital folks, eat your heart out as this will not be released in digital, in fact no digital equipment was allowed anywhere in the entire process!

RV

I just ordered this LP based on your comments. Funny thing is I then received an email from a Robert Merker with Swingin' Gate Records. He wanted to know how I heard about it. I told him from you and quoted your above comments. Hope you don't mind. Looking forward to listening to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gsal said:

I just ordered this LP based on your comments. Funny thing is I then received an email from a Robert Merker with Swingin' Gate Records. He wanted to know how I heard about it. I told him from you and quoted your above comments. Hope you don't mind. Looking forward to listening to it.

Exactly the same as my experience, which was something like, ‘how does one on the bottom of the world hear about this.’

Here's the latest email I received from Robert Merker with Swingin Gate Records regarding the CD:

Dear Gary

Thank you for responding to my question.

Well Richard likes the album and I hope you’ll do as well 😊.

However, the digital rights I left to the band and they actually released a CD burned from the Vinyl Cutting Session. 
So while the engineer was cutting the lacquer the signal feed was recorded to PCM. 
From there the CD was created (funny world …). 

Best, 
Robert
  • Like 2