New MoFi

Tomstruck

The newest release from MoFi Ultra Disc One-step Pessing  Stevie Ray Vaughan Couldn't Stand The Weather 

The track Tin Pan Ally gave me goosebumps  I believe it was one of the song that won Vandersteen and Audio Connection best sound at the NYC Audio Show in Brooklyn

IMG_1865.thumb.jpeg.ffa13ec36cb9c65a7e106735482fbf59.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If I get back into analog (thinking strongly about it), I will get some of Shane Buetner's releases.  I spoke with a few folks who buy up everything he offers and LOVES them. Said that they are about as good as it gets.  So many great choices.  Rutan has me thinking strongly about an record player again. Nothing crazy though, lol. 

Peter, I know your physical condition contributes to your analogue hesitation and I understand that.  But, if you do decide that on those good days, when you're feeling a little more mobile, that spinning an Intervention title would be the cats' meow, you know Mr Rutan will steer you in the right direction.  Have you discussed brands with him?  I've been happy with my Linn for almost 30 years; but, if I ever could manage a change, I absolutely LOVE the look (and supposedly the sound) of the VPI 40th Anniversary Direct Drive.  Simplicity in its finest form.  'Course, they're not giving 'em away  :) 

Steve, I'd probably get the Clearaudio table and a nice MC cart and phono stage.  I just have the desire to have analog, but most probably won't go there.  I have my server/dac installed FINALLY and it sounds great so far.  I may still sell it and get a DAC with a great streamer and call it a day.  I'll see.  

Tomstruck, I have the Analogue Productions, double 45 version of Couldn't Stand the Weather.  Though I wouldn't want to spend the funds on it, I would enjoy comparing the One Step to it.  I wouldn't describe AP's version as "black backgrounds", though it is pretty darn quiet.  We're experiencing more Santa Ana winds here in South Orange County, so I think the only noise I heard yesterday when I played it was static induced.  

Yes, Tin Pan Alley (AKA Roughest Place In Town) is a bonified demo track for sure!

Thanks Jim, lol.  :).  Tomstruck, I"m using The Memory Player.  they make what may be the best sounding server in the world.  My friend who writes for TAS has one and he has the Taiko Extreme enroute to his house for a review.  I'll know soon enough which one is the best.  My money is on Taiko.  Mine is bespoke as they installed a DAC and also an analog volume control.  

• Thanks 1