Dusty grille cloth

I always just used the brush attachment with the vacuum cleaner for my 2CE Sigs. And employed short, gentle strokes. You can remove those grills can’t you? That might be the safest way to vacuum them. That’s what I do now with the 5As. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Either buy a new set (joking of course), or I'll come up with a specialized vacuum head attachment for a 'special' vacuum made just for audiophiles.  I'll sell it for ONLY $4999.00, but since I'm factory direct, I'll discount it to ONLY $3499.00!  Such a deal. Such a deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ctsooner said:

Oh, buy using said vacuum, the soundstage will be much more accurate and the tonality will be spot on.  It's like vacuuming a few veils off the speaker.. HA HA HA HA

Got the same effect by soldering all the connections along the Romex between my the breaker box and the outlet (Furutech, of course) where my system is plugged in. The silences are silenter! The highs are higher! The sibilants will get you wet if you sit near the speaker!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Two words, Hendrix and LOUD.

Actually some of the best de-dusters / de-linters are electrosurgery ground electrodes. It's a gel stuff over foil on a paper stuff backing. leaves no residue on skin or anything else. Yu could try large TENS electrodes, pretty much the same thing but the ones with foil are costly so just get the carbon wire ones. Peel the paper, pat against t-shirt to kill the sticky some then pat the fabric.

20 hours ago, arni said:

Yu could try large TENS electrodes, pretty much the same thing but the ones with foil are costly so just get the carbon wire ones. Peel the paper, pat against t-shirt to kill the sticky some then pat the fabric.

I think I will just use the vacuum with a brush attachment.😉

Bob

• Like 3