NEW QUATRO WOOD CT OWNER

• 6 months later...

Update: it’s  just over six months since the good folks at Audio Connection (Samir/Nick/Johnny R) set up my Quatro Wood CT’s with Belles monos/preamp providing amplification, and I can’t believe the continual blooming of the Quatro’s. I mean, I thought they sounded great right away but over time they are a new species entirely, revealing unexpected nuance, depth and breadth, constantly surprising with detail and eerie presence , and I find myself falling even deeper under their spell. Amazing! I’ll upgrade other parts of my system but I can’t  see any reason to switch the Quatro’s unless I decide on the Kenton or 7/s. Prior to purchasing the Vandersteen’s,  I auditioned a lot of speakers but I’m so happy I made the right decision. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, SAGNI said:

Thanks for the warm greeting and kind words, everybody! The finish is mahogany — the brown swivel chair is not a listening chair and not an encumbrance to the sound field. I’ve attached a photo  showing the listening chair, in the immediate foreground (blue) — of course the camera angle distorts the size of the room, making it appear much larger - it’s about 19 feet long. 

IMG_0047.jpeg

In fact, the brown chair may reduce some of the cancelation caused by "Floor Bounce" over such a distance!  RV

• Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 4:48 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

In fact, the brown chair may reduce some of the cancelation caused by "Floor Bounce" over such a distance!  RV

Thanks for the kind reply, Richard! Since this photo was taken, the speakers and listening position  have  been tweaked and shortened. John Rutan widened the distance between the speakers (creating a much grander and lush soundstage) and moved the listening chair closer to the speakers from 19’ to 12’ —the brown chair remains as does the other furniture. And while I have you, thank you for creating such extraordinary speakers that provide an incredible amount of emotional satisfaction. It might sound nuts but these 19K speakers are a bargain, and are way more musically profound than speakers I auditioned in the 30-50k range. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAGNI said:

Thanks for the kind reply, Richard! Since this photo was taken, the speakers and listening position  have  been tweaked and shortened. John Rutan widened the distance between the speakers (creating a much grander and lush soundstage) and moved the listening chair closer to the speakers from 19’ to 12’ —the brown chair remains as does the other furniture. And while I have you, thank you for creating such extraordinary speakers that provide an incredible amount of emotional satisfaction. It might sound nuts but these 19K speakers are a bargain, and are way more musically profound than speakers I auditioned in the 30-50k range. 

Thank you for that and you are welcome.  Several owners of 5/5A's have reported the same opinion so I believe it is the carbon technology used in the tweeter, expensive but worth it.  RV

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 5:36 PM, stratocaster said:

Bob, wasn’t there a picture of speakers suspended from the ceiling posted by someone.. guess it’s time to expand vertically and have the bass pump from above 😄

Hung my Christmas tree from the ceiling one year Boy was the wife surprised that year🤣