Kento Finish Decisions

Hi everyone. New member here but long time Vandersteen owner. I’m upgrading from Quatro Woods (non CTs) to Kentos and just bought a set of M5-HPAs to power them. I’ve narrowed down the wood finish choices to Kewazinga, Rosewood and, in 3rd place, Zebrawood. My Quatros are Mahogany  Walnut, which I like but I want the Kentos to “pop” more but still look classy.   I saw Stringreen’s pictures of his 5As in Kewazinga and they look great. 

Does anyone have an pictures of speakers in these veneers? Or any first hand experience with these finishes?  

Thanks

• Like 1

Of all the wood finishes, I like the Kewazinga the best. I, too, have the mahogany walnut finish (on my Quatro CTs), but I have always lusted after the Kewazinga. 

That being said, there are some automotive paint options that have piqued my interest. 

On 9/12/2021 at 9:24 AM, nrenter said:

That being said, there are some automotive paint options that have piqued my interest. 

Agree on the automotive colors.   I was a little confused on how that works.  You just choose any car color and they can spray it?  I wouldn't know where to start as the possibilities are so great.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Brad O said:

Hi Delkat,

I added some photos to the KĒNTO page on the website to show more finsihes.  These are photos we took in-house to document some of the finishes. They are not edited to remove the background white paper nor color corrected, but I thought it useful for all of you to see.   https://www.vandersteen.com/products/kento-carbon

Thanks Brad!  That is very helpful.  I assume photo 1 is Rosewood and photo 9 is the Kewazinga?  On the veneer in photo 9, are there seams in the veneer on the front of the speaker or is that just the natural pattern?

Also, if photo 1 is Rosewood, it seems to have more of a red tone than TomicTime's 5A posted above which have a more neutral brown tone.  Any idea what the current veneers tones lean towards?

Thanks!

Delkat,  most of the woods that have a cathedral type grain are cut "book end matched" so they always have a seam as the flitches are not wide  enough to span the front.  Wood is variable and the rosewood today run on the red side.  Jim's 5A were an exception.  As far as car paint goes its simple find a car you like the paint on and get the Name, Paint Code, Make, Model and year and we can do it except for the new flat satin colors.

RV

• Like 1

I have the Quatro’s in Audi Havana Black (Uber dark brown metallic). They do a GREAT job spraying them out.  Go to Bentley and check out their choices. So many amazing colors. I almost wish I had gone with a candy apple red metallic or even a Crimson color.  The black is luxurious and the wife loves them. 

22 hours ago, TomicTime said:

iF i order the new Extreme, i plan to specify the low observable paint we used on the B2…. so i can sneak them into the house…undetected…

Ha !

Brilliant!
That’ll make the speakers really disappear.

Do the radar paints also  lower the noise floor?

• Like 1