Busted…prior photo amps were in standby….

You guys are scaring me. Ha. That’s a GREAT album. Jim, I had no idea you were into Arts & Crafts furniture. That’s what Brenda and I have.  All the wood projects I make are in the 1900-1912 AC era.  My dining room table I made is an 1800’s redesign of the famous Sidney Barnsley Hayrake table.  He was big in the European AC design and lifestyle. We curved the hayrake and his was straight. I shaped them with a spokeshave and planes.  

If the sound is awesome (I've been there) and the window cannot be removed or treated because of domestic tranquility, so be it!  Too much "majoring on the minors".  These kind of small problems in good sounding rooms get blamed for more than they should.  Perfect dimensioned rooms without furniture, windows, nick knacks, natural fiber floor covering and various wall hangings, now these can sound awful because the room treatments required cause acoustic holes in the boundaries the brain needs.  I'm glad the question was asked because we can sometimes focus on the minors as that is what a hobby is about and I need to get centered every now and then.  I wonder how many people short themselves such a system because they don't have an ideal room.

RV

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

If the sound is awesome (I've been there) and the window cannot be removed or treated because of domestic tranquility, so be it!  Too much "majoring on the minors".  These kind of small problems in good sounding rooms get blamed for more than they should.  Perfect dimensioned rooms without furniture, windows, nick knacks, natural fiber floor covering and various wall hangings, now these can sound awful because the room treatments required cause acoustic holes in the boundaries the brain needs.  I'm glad the question was asked because we can sometimes focus on the minors as that is what a hobby is about and I need to get centered every now and then.  I wonder how many people short themselves such a system because they don't have an ideal room.

RV

Too many. I get told this all the time. I’ve heard systems sound great in small bedrooms. 

Okay, I get it,

But, I have had systems that seemed 'unbalanced' due to one side with either super reflectivity/dampening.

Usually, either some fabric or blinds made a significant difference- Both would be plusses for the WAF/SOAF(Significant Other Approval Factor).

B

2 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

Okay, I get it,

But, I have had systems that seemed 'unbalanced' due to one side with either super reflectivity/dampening.

Usually, either some fabric or blinds made a significant difference- Both would be plusses for the WAF/SOAF(Significant Other Approval Factor).

B

Bob, you would think that’s the case and most of the time it is. That said there are plenty of folks who will get push back. As Richard said, it’s a hobby and yes we all seem to try and do whatever we can to keep getting better and better. I love your passion and wanting to learn as much as you can. Most Vandy owners seem to be similar.  

also PAF would be easier to remember. Ha. Sorry, thought it may be a bit cute. 😁

Yep, this is the Poverty Bay room. Bit disorganized as i had some surgery and we did replace the windows which required me to break down and move the whole system. Yes, RV has been here to hear it, passed muster 😉 Yes in theory the window is a problem, in reality fairly small in overall sonics. With the new windows, we can finally get motorized shades, they are good for about a db. Of far greater import are the grills of the 7, not a ton of side solash. Bigger worry is getting them farther into the room, they need to come out another 7” to get back to where i had them….

This is what lies just outside the window…..drywall pales….i think the window is an evil i can abide…

7620C9DC-D7C0-416F-BBE9-ACAA5EE1DFD0.jpeg

• Like 1

Well you need to go to the alter of Dionysus …

Because if the corks do not go back in, then each one becomes its own resonator, which helps the pipes organ music and songs like Otis Redding’s, “Sitting by the Dock of the Bay” .
It does however, go well with the view out of the picture frame window… I can almost image a boat near the RHS speaker.

7 hours ago, TomicTime said:

so far nothing i can pinpoint other than connector cleaning and reseating, and checking batteries in remotes for corrosion…

Now the wear and tear on the house is significant, Rust Never Sleeps !

Jim decided to buy a metal house with metal roof. Way to go Jim. Hahahahahaha

• 1 month later...

As a gardener who has witnessed the effects of salt laden air upon homes and gardens (The Hamptons), I can attest to it being an ongoing battle.-Couple it with deer and you should probably just give up.

That is why I like the North Shore.(Unfortunately, those damn deer are moving in here, too).

B

5 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

… 

That is why I like the North Shore.(Unfortunately, those damn deer are moving in here, too).

North short of?

We went to the XMAS  Markets yesterday evening, and behind the library saw a garden of natives.
Red and yellow “Kangaroo Paws” in the foreground with 2 large Grass Trees. It is about 500 yards up from the docks.
(Inverted mange from down under?)

EE2E0067-41F7-4ED2-BBFE-18A8294C2A40.jpeg

16 hours ago, Holmz said:

Red and yellow “Kangaroo Paws”

Anigozanthos-Kangaroo Paws are actually available in the US. There is a company that uses genetic engineering to create new varieties here in the US. I have tried them, but they don't do well here in the Northeast US. And, they don't look as happy as those in your photo.

But, it is nice to see what they can look like when they are happy.

I guess they are upside down due to being on the other side of the Earth😝.

16 hours ago, Holmz said:

North short of?

North Shore of Long Island, NY.

B

• Like 2