Audiocon- Worth it?

I just saw a post in Absolute Sound reporting a show coming in January.

Does anyone have opinions on whether it will worth going to?

I only ask as I want to come out to the West Coast and visit a few members, my brother and maybe score a tour of the Vandersteen facilities (if possible).

Bob

5 hours ago, Steve Edwards said:

Would be real nice to meet you in person.

Yes, I'd like to finally meet up with you and @TomicTime. I thought the Audiocon show might be a good way to incorporate all things audio. Unfortunately, I don't see a list of who is showing gear.

Actually, I see Mr. V. is part of a seminar.

@ctsooner,  did you ever finalize your reunion?

Bob

What is typically at these shows?
is it all super high end? Or is there also a spattering of moderate price point gear as well?

I would love to go, but likely flying into the US in mid Feb.
I’m trying to convince eldest daughter to have a look, as she is looking for a turntable…and relatively close by… but I think she just wants to know what to get and not scratch her chin listening. 

On 12/22/2021 at 6:26 AM, GdnrBob said:

Seeing how things are going virus-wise, I think I will postpone travel plans until after the holidays. So, Audiocon is out.

Isn't it 14-16 January? I'm of two minds about assembling in hotel meeting rooms with people from all over.

Edited by John Gallup

Yes, I am of two minds myself.

But, given how many cancelled flights, uncertain restrictions, etc...

I think it best to postpone any travel. If things aren't as bad, I can still come over, but at a later date, as the show isn't looking to be the end-all.

B

I hope to finally go to an audio show in the next year or so. I"ve only been to the Head-Fi who in NYC (once).  Never been to a show, but I know it would be a blast.  I'm always jealous when I hear about how much fun you guys all have getting together and just listening to all the different gear even though it's not idea situations.