Calling all So Cal members for a get together

Greetings everyone,

Just wanted to check with our SoCal members on their interest in getting together at my place in Carmel Valley (San Diego) for drinks/dinner(or lunch) and some music.. My family has been vaccinated and we have been having small get togethers with family and friends. All you have to do is just present yourself and I will take care of the rest. Of course, you will be required to provide feedback and critique on my setup.. PM me if you are in and let me know what dates work for you (and also if afternoons or evenings are better)... we have been holed up for way too long and need to get our lives back on track... By the way, this offer stands for anyone who plans to be in the San Diego area so if you are looking for an excuse to make a trip to San Diego, I will make it worth your while....

• Like 1

I'm in the Carmel Mountain Ranch area.  I just got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday, so in a couple of weeks I should be OK in public...at least Covid-wise, I still need to re-acclimate to social situations.

Have you ever been to the West Coast Brucknerthon? It's a yearly gathering of Bruckner enthusiasts.  We've been meeting in 4S Ranch in recent pre-pandemic years.  (Well, Bruckner is not for everyone 😉).

So is this your form of East Coast shaming?  Hmmmmmmm.  hahahaha

That would be a blast.  Hope you guys pull that off.   If I lived out there, I'd join you as I too have had my vaccination AND I'm up to date on all my shots at the vet's.

@Daverz I hadn't heard about Bruckner but now that you mentioned it, I am going to look into his compositions. Glad to know you are in for meeting up...

@ctsooner the offer is open to east coasters as well and if your travel plans bring you here, we can have another one of these events...

@Steve Edwards Glad to know you can make it.

We will shoot for lunch/afternoon session so that folks that are coming from OC don't have to drive in the night.. 

Let's give it this weekend for members to catch up on the forum messages and hopefully we should have a healthy count early next week and can figure out the dates that work for everyone..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

My brother lives in Poway. If you are still up for a visit next winter, I might just come an visit you (and my brother).

Bob

Bob,

I am up for a visit from you  anytime.... Poway is just 15 minutes away and if your brother would like to represent you in proxy then he’s more than welcome to join us.. if us SoCal folks can coax you to make a trip this summer then let us know what the criteria is to bribe/tempt you 😀

@HuangThrilled to hear that you are right next door. Don’t worry about the potluck since we are used to hosting large parties. Let’s give it one more weekend in case we have folks that missed this post or haven’t got a chance to respond and we can throw some dates out.

• Like 1

I have sent an email with some date suggestions to all those folks who have expressed interest in getting together. So far there are four of us and am hoping that we have some lazy bums who haven’t got s chance to respond and decide to join us.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

Just wanted to drop an update to everyone that the first Vandersteen SoCal get together did materialize with yours truly, @Huang and @Steve Edwards today at my place.  It was great to share and hear different perspectives on equipment, musical preferences and of course get some beers and listening time... hoping that we have more members joining us in the next round...

Udit, your hospitality and grace (along with the delicious food) made for a memorable afternoon.  Great meeting you and Rick, a.k.a. Huang.  You have a wonderful system and a beautiful abode to enjoy it in.  

Mark this date on the calendar, it might be the beginning of some beautiful relationships   :)

Thank you

Steve

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

Let me know if you are having a meeting during the winter months. I'd love to visit not only you, but my brother in San Diego.

@TomicTime,

Hopefully, we can meet, as well.

B

Bob,

We plan to continue this trend and meet often as schedules permit. Keep us posted of your winter plans and I can definitely make it worth your time. I know some more audiophiles here who are not necessarily Vandersteen fans but do have a lot in common from music, sources, amplification and technobabble perspective. I will have them join us as well.

Udit

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Bob,

We plan to continue this trend and meet often as schedules permit. Keep us posted of your winter plans and I can definitely make it worth your time. I know some more audiophiles here who are not necessarily Vandersteen fans but do have a lot in common from music, sources, amplification and technobabble perspective. I will have them join us as well.

Udit

Hi Bob,

This blog is for Vandersteen owners only.

RV