Biggest upgrade you have made to your current system and why?

ctsooner

8 hours ago, Holmz said:

Is Havens and Hardesty still around?

Unfortunately not.  Dick Hardesty sold it to Bob Altenbern (a sales rep there) many years ago, maybe twenty.  Bob put his heart and soul into it, but it was not to be.  The last time I was by there, it was a motorcycle accessories shop.  Dick Hardesty passed on some years ago; 5 maybe.

8 hours ago, TomicTime said:

@Holmzlet me know if ya make it down this way, Bruce shop Stereo Unlimited is a must visit in my book…safe travels…

Jim

I loved dealing with Bruce in the 80's..He's the one who really got me into higher end gear.  I would have stayed with him as my dealer and owned Steen's if I stayed in SD.  I haven't been back since I left in late 86, but am trying to set up a reunion of my shipmates in SD next year.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steve Edwards said:

Unfortunately not.  Dick Hardesty sold it to Bob Altenbern (a sales rep there) many years ago, maybe twenty.  Bob put his heart and soul into it, but it was not to be.  The last time I was by there, it was a motorcycle accessories shop.  Dick Hardesty passed on some years ago; 5 maybe.

I regret never getting a chance to know Dick. For those seeking greater insight, this is powerful reading.

http://www.vandersteen.com/audio-perfectionist-journal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stratocaster said:

@TomicTimeand @Holmzkeep us posted  with your plans to visit Stereo Unlimited. @Huangand I are both in SD on the way down to Bruce’s place so it would be nice to meet everyone in person. Am sure we could twist @Steve Edwardsarm as well to join us..

Got to host you guys for listening session at Condo, maybe we can synch this all up w 7 Extreme debut…. @Brad Ois there a firm date for that ? 

Jim

1 hour ago, TomicTime said:

I regret never getting a chance to know Dick.

^Sounds^ like how I describe (not) reading one of Philip K Dick’s novels.

1 hour ago, TomicTime said:

... For those seeking greater insight, this is powerful reading.

http://www.vandersteen.com/audio-perfectionist-journal

^This is great^
I have another 13 hours in Sydney.
Thanks!

5 hours ago, stratocaster said:

@TomicTimeand @Holmzkeep us posted  with your plans to visit Stereo Unlimited. @Huangand I are both in SD on the way down to Bruce’s place so it would be nice to meet everyone in person. Am sure we could twist @Steve Edwardsarm as well to join us..

OK I pinged the lasses about the  25 Feb to 2 March period.
Looks like Stereo Unlimited is effectively open any day with an appointment.

That would be a blast.  never thought about that.  Haven't seen or talked to Bruce since 1986 and he wouldn't remember me for even a split second...I have however sent many customers his way over the years, because I trusted him so much.  Would love to put faces and voices to monikers online! :).  (although I have met a bunch of you at Johnny's over the years or in Bob's case, had him over teh house and sold him the Treo's)...

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 1:32 PM, Holmz said:

^Sounds^ like how I describe (not) reading one of Philip K Dick’s novels.

^This is great^
I have another 13 hours in Sydney.
Thanks!

OK I pinged the lasses about the  25 Feb to 2 March period.
Looks like Stereo Unlimited is effectively open any day with an appointment.

Stereo Unlimited is closed on Sun/Mon and I have seen a lot of folks on Saturdays. If we can swing by right when the store opens then that would be best.

• Like 1