dminches

Subwoofer Power Cords

I'm still on the fence.  I liked the Treo's better when they were pulled out into the room a bit and only about 8' apart.  It's too difficult for me to move these out and do the bass EQ.  You really need two people to do this and I don't have that.  

2 hours ago, ctsooner said:

I'm still on the fence.  I liked the Treo's better when they were pulled out into the room a bit and only about 8' apart.  It's too difficult for me to move these out and do the bass EQ.  You really need two people to do this and I don't have that.  

I've been able to move such speakers myself by sliding  a couple of 2 x 2s under them (one at a time) as skids,  and then very carefully inching them this way and that. This is over wood floors; it might be easier with carpeting. It's still kinda scary.

Just found this thread.

@BKDad,

I was thinking about an Aston Martin a few years ago, but ended up getting an Audi TTS. Quatro makes it usable in snow, and Aston Martin's depreciate so much...

I just had John Rutan install my Sub 3's. I bought a pair of AQ Thunder power cords, but no go. The amp fins block the plug.

Johnny says they have a replacement plug, so I guess that will be my next move. Will it make a difference from the stock cable is anyone's guess, but I figure it can't hurt.

BTW, the new Sub 3's come with a locking plug at the sub end-Something I did not know about.

Bob

Bob, 

He uses a great cords for his amps and uses the new locking plus.  As for plugs, they will use a Furetech plug, but they don't have many on hand.  I'm not sure if they are willing to do this anymore.  You can always ask.  I am going to be getting a pair of Monsoon cords for my Quatro's as that's a really significant upgrade and it even will clean up the midrange a touch.  It's a great price point for the Quatro's as an upgrade for me.

Not sure if this helps.

9 minutes ago, GdnrBob said:

Just found this thread.

@BKDad,

I was thinking about an Aston Martin a few years ago, but ended up getting an Audi TTS. Quatro makes it usable in snow, and Aston Martin's depreciate so much...

I just had John Rutan install my Sub 3's. I bought a pair of AQ Thunder power cords, but no go. The amp fins block the plug.

Johnny says they have a replacement plug, so I guess that will be my next move. Will it make a difference from the stock cable is anyone's guess, but I figure it can't hurt.

BTW, the new Sub 3's come with a locking plug at the sub end-Something I did not know about.

Bob

I had John ask Audioquest to replace the IEC connector so they would work with my Model 7 subwoofer amps.  That's exactly what they did.  I am sure they will make these for you.

I'm not sure they still have the plugs left. They were very low on them a couple of weeks ago.  Can't hurt to ask obviously. hope they can.