Johnny Rutan from Audio Connections in Verona NJ Told me to hang a couple of pretty quilts on the wall where the first reflection is.  That’s made a huge difference. 

Have any small changes made a difference in your room?

Further research on them. I only have a couple small points in my room that I need to play with.

For treating first wall reflections high density fiberglass or rockwool absorber panels do a fine enough job. 

Quilts aren't usually thick enough to do the job correctly since they only absorb high frequencies, but they're still a lot better than nothing.

In all honesty room choice and its treatment are almost as important as choosing speakers. It can be modeled to a degree ( http://www.acousticmodelling.com for instance offers some basic modeling tools), but most of it needs to be measured in order to achieve optimal results. A decent USB omni-directional calibrated microphone can be had for less than $100 and some great software like Room EQ Wizard is actually freeware. Having these basic tools empowers you to know exactly what effect acoustic treatment products have.

Thanks for sharing.  I don't have any bass issues as I have a very open loft.  Johnny Rutan came to set up and calibrate the room.  The quilts make a nice difference.  I don't have a dedicated room, but my wife puts up with a lot.  That said, she's not keen on wall treatments, even the ones I have that you can have pictures on.  Just something I deal with, lol.  It's all good though since the room sounds decent without treatments. I don't even have a slap echo problem, so I don't 'worry about treating the ceiling.  I believe there is a 99% chance that would be vetoed quickly, lol.  :). 

I need to price things out and see how they look. I do know I need something on the rear walls to diffract. I may see what side wall deals to use too 

2 hours ago, ctsooner said:

I need to price things out and see how they look. I do know I need something on the rear walls to diffract. I may see what side wall deals to use too 

Dont let their small size fool you.  They are like little blackholes.

14 minutes ago, ctsooner said:

do they absorb or diffract or both?

They are an absorber, diffuser, and resonator depending on the frequency and volume.

Yes, just saw that.  I'd make my own wood stand to match them.  I need to see which of my dealers sells them.  I like the idea of a stand to put them on the back wall and then I can move them when needed.  Not sure if I'd need three or if I can just use two and leave the bottom open.  I'm sure the dealers will know.