Recordings I've come across and am enjoying

Boom Boom

20 minutes ago, TomicTime said:

Especially the “ dark mix “….. Simply superb with Vandersteen powered bass

The Dark mixes are my faves. I also noticed lots of articulate bass info that's fun to listen to.

😄

Subs would improve the performance of my 2CE Sig III's. I've heard it demonstrated on models 2s at a Vandersteen dealership years ago. I was pleasantly surprised that the mid and upper registers freed up when the Vandersteen sub was installed. If only I could accommodate one of those ... Just not enough space among existing equipment in my living room.

Sheesh! I wish I could listen to your systems @TomicTime! I could only imagine.

It's been over 20 years since Peter Gabriel's previous release Up. I was excited to acquire this one. I saw him live in 2016. He and Sting had separate bands opposite ends of Key Arena (now renovated into the Climate Pledge Arena) during the Red and Blue Tour. Towards the end they came together and at one point sang their own version of one of the other's songs. 

Happy holidays in advance to you!

-Robert

• Like 1

@Boom Boom You are welcome to visit and spend time listening - i try to host some music gatherings each year North and South. I will be in touch when i get back up your way.

@Gsalwhat are your impressions so far ? i can’t remember IF i kicked in to that kickstarter or not…hopefully there is a surprise in the post…

@Delkat The new Gabriel has same songs w light and dark mix…. some very subtle differences and some fairly profound…. adds a very interesting ( to me anyway ) listening and artistic adventure to the mix… ha. IF you like PG - highly recommended 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomicTime said:

@Boom Boom You are welcome to visit and spend time listening - i try to host some music gatherings each year North and South. I will be in touch when i get back up your way.

@Gsalwhat are your impressions so far ? i can’t remember IF i kicked in to that kickstarter or not…hopefully there is a surprise in the post…

@Delkat The new Gabriel has same songs w light and dark mix…. some very subtle differences and some fairly profound…. adds a very interesting ( to me anyway ) listening and artistic adventure to the mix… ha. IF you like PG - highly recommended 

Good music. Super quiet disc. Love the cover. The recording is , how shall I say it, "old style"? Like from the RVG days but with little room ambiance. Very natural sounding. Not hyped up or with the piano extending from L-R.  I'm sure one of the reviewers will do better explaining. I'd recommend buying it if you are not part of the Kick Starter program.

• Like 1

If you like Fleetwood Mac and you stream music, search and find "Dreams (Take 2)" on Rumours (Super Deluxe).

The band doesn't have themselves together and they don't sound great.  For all I know it literally is take 2.  However, Stevie Nicks sounds better in this version than in the original final release, if you ask me.  Just gorgeous vocals.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/7/2023 at 5:29 AM, JonM said:

If you like Fleetwood Mac and you stream music, search and find "Dreams (Take 2)" on Rumours (Super Deluxe).

The band doesn't have themselves together and they don't sound great.  For all I know it literally is take 2.  However, Stevie Nicks sounds better in this version than in the original final release, if you ask me.  Just gorgeous vocals.

Man! There are several demos on this that are so good. Thanks for this!

• Like 1