Recordings I've come across and am enjoying

Boom Boom

Thanks Brian for the heads up.  Julie Steinberg and David Abel are a wonderful team on the Wilson Audiophile label which I recently acquired.

Johanna Martzy on the Deutsche Grammophon label is lovely too! I have been waiting for some of Martzy's recordings on the  Analogphonic (SWR Music) label through Acoustic Sounds to be available again as they are on backorder and not available directly from the label.

@Boom Boom Beautiful looking TT with some deserving Classic Records worthy of that table. I'll check out your phono stage too. 

Enjoy

Bruce

IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6075.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just broke in a pair of Transparent Gen 6 Super RCAs. I'm using them with my headphone amp. After around 200 hours, the depth and air and details emerged, along with accuracy in the bass response. Enjoying this oldie but goodie to appreciate the improvements.

Nightfly.jpg.01501556500206ba5aa10c3c4776bc33.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My new cables started sounding good at 200 hours. It sounds even better at 500 hours.  Time to break this one out:

JNHF.jpg.ae856ea30cb0f1cd3af4428be39a6cb5.jpg

I remember the first time I heard Ayre equipment. Curtis Havens at Advanced Audio hooked them up to Vandersteen 5s as well as 2CEs. He played this album for me. I ended up buying the album. Came close to buying the Ayre K3 &V3. 

I played my systems for a non-audiophile friend. He enjoys live opera. He wanted to hear the clarity of the systems. So I put these on:

0002894660652_600.jpg.7a065b592c58858b95676b7d681fedb6.jpg

marilyn-horne-james-mccracken-carmen.thumb.jpg.27caa0867ceaf1cf9785bbdbb6722c51.jpg

First time I unfolded the 1Cs and the 2CE Sig 3s with my new electronics. He turned the volume up. Sound was loud but clear. He liked hearing all the performers. I let him know I chose the speakers to work well in my smaller bedroom and in my living room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 5:42 PM, John Gallup said:

Believe that was Ludwig's only opera.

Thanks John

I read that but wasn't sure. I don't have the most extensive opera collection, it's growing. German composers I have with Opera recordings come from Wagner and Mozart. Beethoven's probably my favorite German Composer. It's no wonder why I like how the music was written.

• Like 1

This was my first classical recording I purchased:

OIP.jpg.0baa64adbd1a9afa9c56e1eb22283c03.jpg

Back in high school one of my class mates was an award winning cellist in the state. So I sought out cello music. This was my introduction to Yo Yo Ma. I still have the LP. I later bought the complete set on CD.

Eventually I found a high rez digital version, which I'm listening to now:

886447042472.jpg.34bcc8c374674e06225213ef307e1d00.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.f89696d440037af0c55b312d12ca588b.png

Just released. Picked up the vinyl yesterday after streaming it on Qobuz. Rumored to be Bob Ludwig's last mastering project. Musically more experimental echoes of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost is Born than their recent releases.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...